• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Chirping Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Kung-Fu

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I have a singing pig called Cissy. She now sings in front of me which is lovely, usually when I'm giving her sister a stroke.

But tonight during lap time (she was having a cuddle with my mum) she started to chirp! Right on my mums chest! Twice!

Has anyone had experience with this? I do wish I knew why piggies did this and what it means.

I've noticed that there seems to be two different types, can anyone else comment on this or of their experiences?

I've heard chirping late at night, not sure who's doing it! It truly is an incredible sound. I think they just do it because they can, because it's just fun, like singing.

@Dindypig I feel honoured tbh, think one of my young pigs has started too. I'm a lucky slave XD

@TheCavySlave it took me ages before I found out who was singing! I've found that there seems to be two types, a short and breathey song where is comes from her chest rather than her mouth (almost like a fit aha) and one that seems more song like and deliberate. If that makes sense? XD

@Dindypig I feel honoured tbh, think one of my young pigs has started too. I'm a lucky slave XD

@TheCavySlave it took me ages before I found out who was singing! I've found that there seems to be two types, a short and breathey song where is comes from her chest rather than her mouth (almost like a fit aha) and one that seems more song like and deliberate. If that makes sense? XD
Yep! The first time, it just went on for a while and I thought it was my brother playing silly beggars. Then mum heard it, and we investigated and of course they stopped. Mum believed it was most likely something outside, but I knew it was a chirper! Truly an amazing sound...

i managed to get my little Dopple chirping on video one evening, she was having a cuddle at the time - it's rather mesmerising & yet eerie at the same time - it started like a whistley cough & turned into a chirp :D

Just Caught Dopple Chirping :)

no idea why they do it though :hmm:

My reg chirped for me 3 days before he died - Noodles did it once or twice in her lifetime (she sadly passed a year ago August) and Honey started chirping at 1 am the other morning and then when I got up the day before yesterday she started to chirp - she is 6 1/2 and has never done it before until she did it at 1 am - needless to say I was terrified coming home from work for a few days because i though I might come home to find out she had popped her clogs - but she's still here!:D

I know, such a beautiful mystery! :love:

@TheCavySlave yes I didn't expect it to be the piggies either, even though I knew it was possible I thought it too rare!

@GPTV such a wonderful singer, totally gorgeous. It almost feels like it's an involuntary chirp sometimes with my girlie XD

@TAN don't scare me like that! XD Luckily Cissy has been chirping for about a few months after she came home with me, which is about a year! Her sister doesn't do it though, as far as I'm aware.

Odd piggies, they have us captivated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back