• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Chloe is Poorly Vets Wed.

I am so sorry you are sad. When you are ready, please share what is going on. We are here to support you. Hugs to you Chloe and Heidi.
Thank you so much. I need to be strong at the moment my love for Chloe not allowing me to be postive.
Wish I didn't have to work
She's having breakfast with Heidi who when we returned from vets fussed so much over her was beautiful to see. xx

I am sorry to hear you are so upset. You care so deeply for your girls.

We are all here to support you, whatever it is that has happened.
Sending you and your girls best wishes xx

Hello everybody I've calmed down a little and Chloe is munching hay as I type. She's lost intrest a bit on veg hence why i took her to vets.
I've personally had a :cen: week. Saturday I got involved in a nasty armed robbery in a local bookies I'm ok but Sat night I had bit shock.
Then wed I attended a old friend funeral she was my mother's best mate.

Ok Chloe I've notice a little loss of appetite she loves blueberrys as a treat off course.but she been taking them and leaves them and you can tell when piggies not right don't get me wrong she's still eating and a devil to catch as always is . . her weight down to about 850 she never been big but time for action.
Rang vets asked for exotic vet. receptionist was taken by this as tho I've requested a alien. . . I tho Chloe needs to see a vet even if not a exotic off we went. She is a very very bad traveller and hides under the towel she was ok.
Receptionist says oh we've not seen a guinea pig for ages.
Great me thinks. Vet was lovely I explained my concern and she had a good look at Chloes teeth ok.
Then she asked me if Chloe had all her bits.
I'm embarrased to say i don't know. @VickiA who loves my piggies and tho her I got my 3. (course 2 now ) do you know .
Vet examined Chloe and said she had a small lump in her Abdomen hence question about has Chloe been neuted.
Chloe never gave a sign she was in pain or objected to teeth check etc.
Now I'm very inexperience with piggies health don't get me wrong I have a idea and I'm learning all the time but to be honest @Flutterby @Wiebke and many of you have forgotten more about our poop machines than I know.
Vet said she couldn't give me anything as needed to know what was causing her to lose weight and this lump.
I'm at this point and guess we all do when given news we dont want to hear I'm pretty upset as I want my girl fixed.
So Ultra Sound £150.
GA + Xray £250.
Exploratory Laparotomy £550 to £600
This is to see what's up with her .
I'm not fully compaining about the cost but seems a lot .
I've had a day to reflect and I'm wondering if a second opinion with a Exotic vet may help.
I've heard about another vets about 10 miles who part owner is one. I'm going to find out via 1560447248616968008755.jpginternet and other means if they are good.
THIS IS CHLOE NOW.
I'm at a masive debt to you all who help me and from my heart 'thank you"

Bless her she is such a sweetie. I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. It does sound like a second opinion from a cavy savvy vet may be a good idea, as I know from personal experience vets bills mount up very quickly and you don't want that with someone who doesn't know guinea pigs well.

Huge hugs what a shock. Personally i would go to a better vet. I have never EVER come across a vet thinking exploratory surgery. That coupled with the "we havent seen a piggy in ages" would definitely send me running. Try and bear in mind that some things like ovarian cysts are extremely common and not always harmful, however an inexperienced is unlikely to know from feeling whether thats what they are or not. Fingers crossed for a better examination next time

I have recently been through a bladder tumor with my girl Zelda. The only thing I could try was the same medication that is used for bladder tumors in dogs. Surgery really isn't an option as it can cause more damage than it's worth to the bladder. She just had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and her bladder is perfect. Hopefully it will be something like this. You can have more time to spoil her. I know at some point it will probably return, but I am thankful for the time that has been bought.

Back