• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Chloe is Poorly Vets Wed.

sending lots of love to your piggies today. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of things for you and Chloe.

Fingers and paws crossed here xx

She's home after a long day being tested. Heidi stayed all day.
Sheryl her vet rang me 3 times to keep me updated. last call was 4pm and most things she explainef went way above me .this is copy of what they been doing. 20190619_183421.jpg
Sheryl going to email me what they done
This is not what I wanted to hear but she said shes a little baffled to why Chloe is rapid losing weight. Teeth ok and heart is good.
She defo says she has a growth in or attatched to her kidney but her bloods indicate they working ok.
Given her (Chloe) 2 full lots syringe food Herbivoe and she loves it. She's also eatin with Heidi.. Her weight needs to level off very quickly she's only 780.
She's playing with Heidi tho a tube.
Got meds to start am and try bulk her up. Back Monday . .
Course I'm very sad as she seems so bloody normal but my baby needs to gain weight.
I know next option is cut her open but Sheryl said shes had enough today and was supprised her blood test showed no problems with her Kidneys.
Piggies Guys Eh. . .
On a personal note I'm very very grateful for all comments as being alone with friends like you I don't always feel alone. xx

A kidney lump must be a big worry but at least Chloe has had a very thorough check up and you know exactly what you're up against, your new vet sounds great anyway. Hugs and healing wheeks and please start eating and bulking up piggy girl, your daddy is so worried! X

How did you get on at the vets? I'm having a similar problem with not just one of mine, But both now not eating so I'm majorly concerned. I've heard about something nasty going around that's killing rabbits and guineapigs. I wondered what the vet said about yours

How did you get on at the vets? I'm having a similar problem with not just one of mine, But both now not eating so I'm majorly concerned. I've heard about something nasty going around that's killing rabbits and guineapigs. I wondered what the vet said about yours
pls read comments bit early on thread.
Very worring your comments about killing animals etc.

Aaah yes sorry. Missed that part. Sounds very similar situation to mine. They told me cysts on kidneys but possibly not affecting her. She also is very lively. But I'm watching her waste away and feel quite helpless. Mine won't take syringe feeding at all so I'm a bit of a loss. It's bad enough getting a probiotic into her. I hope you get to the bottom of things and she gains weight. I know exactly how you feel on this. Best of luck

Hoping this mass is nothing sinister David. Hopefully you can get her weight to stabilise, plus side is she is happy and that is important. Get some rest tonight mate you need it after such a hard day. Hugs and love to your little one

Please dont worry any more than you already are David, I think if there was a widespread disease outbreak of some kind that we should be worried about then our trusted forum experts, and trusted rescues who see a lot of sick piggies, and our vets, would have alerted us already, and we'd be seeing more mystery illness forum posts!
Chloe has had a very thorough check up with a good vet and you are doing everything you can for her, give her a big hug and some porridge oats and grated sweet potato or whatever other fattening food she likes and make sure you look after yourself too, she needs you to stay well and relaxed also!

Huge hugs David. It's hard when they are losing weight but you just keep doing what you can and look after yourself. My first piggy, Bea, ended up with renal disease and I was told she didn't have long left as her weight started to drop quickly. She was old as well but a long piggy, twice the length of her original cagemate so carried at around 1.2kg. she carried on losing until she got to about 600g and then she stayed that weight for the remainder of her life. We had a further 18 months with her after diagnosis. I suppose what I am saying is that sometimes even the worst possible diagnosis isn't always the full on heartbreak we expect. Take your time to treasure your moments together and I'm sure your vet will get to the bottom of this

Back