Cleaning c&c cage

Hannahb2804

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! Just wondered if anyone can help me, hoping to get two sows once everything blows over in the uk and I’m making sure I’ve got all my research done for what I need to get, when it comes to cleaning the c&c cage I’ll be getting, I know a lot of people say to make your own disinfectant with vinegar and water, but just wondered if you could use normal vinegar or would I have to get white vinegar?
And any other cleaning tips for a c&c cage & fleece would be really handy to make sure I am prepared!
Thanks😀

Well done for doing your research. I have used ordinary vinegar when I've had no white but white is better the malk can leave a stain on white corex. I also use Johnson's pet disenfectant and F10 cleaner once a month - 6 weeks for a really deep clean. A wash bag is useful for the fleece it stops the hair and hay going into the washing machine. I dust the grids over once in a while with the brush on the vacuum cleaner hose. If you go to the green bar at the top of the screen and click on Guinea Pig Guides there are lots of threads there full of information, particularly have a look at the new owners guides and the daily care and housing ones.

White vinegar/water is a good natural cleaner and de-odouriser but I would still give the cage a regular deep clean with a proprietary small pet safe cleaner such as Johnson's and/or F10 (you can order F10 online - great for killing all bacteria and even fungal spores). Have you read our fabulous fleece guide? A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding

What ratio do you mix vinegar and water? I thought I might try making a batch of it and using in my current spray hutch cleaner when the bottle is empty

I use about 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. Roughly...but my spray bottle broke 😞

Back