• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Correx / Corrugated Plastic / Coroplast Suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive always used theonestopplasticshop they have lots of coloured correx and its around £14 per 8ftx4ft sheet they do small sheets on website you need to phone or email for the larger sheets

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Anyone know where I can get Correx with a sheet size of at least 1.5m by 1.7m? Tried locally and can't find anywhere. I can't adopt my two piggies from wheek and squeak until I've got the floor of their cage ready - its the only thing i'm waiting for.

Found an online site that have their 2.4m x 1.2m priced at just over £3 per sheet excluding delivery. I got the 4mm version so it is a bit sturdier but I think they also do 5mm. Thought it was pretty reasonable, plus they also supply foam tubing I am using to protect the pigs' water bottles!

http://www.protection.co.uk/products/proplex-2mm-corrugated-plastic-surface-protection/

cheers

I like the idea of thicker and a option of black or white and its good prices :)

Oh until P+P and VAT is added... thats a extra £14.50 ontop, still good though as id like the 5mm one.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get Correx with a sheet size of at least 1.5m by 1.7m? Tried locally and can't find anywhere. I can't adopt my two piggies from wheek and squeak until I've got the floor of their cage ready - its the only thing i'm waiting for.

The sheet of correx I got was from Chiltern Timbers. I was able to collect it as it was pretty close to me so saved myself a bit of money! They will post it as well, not sure how much they charge but you could probably query it.
The sheets are 2440cm x 1220cm x 4mm and that would be enough to make a 5x2 without having to cut any and stick it back on! The correx is really good quality, easy to clean and very durable. It comes in loads of different colours and they also do it a little thinner, 2mm. I know it isn't as big as you would like it but I suppose you might always be able to get 2 sheets and then somehow connect it in the middle?
Anyway here is the link if you are interested:
http://catalogue.chilterntimber.co.uk/dosearch?extra2=correx&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0
I got mine in green and the 4mm thickness, haven't had any problems with it yet either.

Just found another link to some -
http://www.livsupplies.co.uk/product_desc3_emi.php?id=193

Last edited:
correx in a c&c cage

i have correx on my top layer which i cover with fleece. For those of you that leave your sides uncovered do you have any problems with your piggies chewing the sides? Mine is a really awkward shape and it would be much easier to just cover the bottom and leave the sides uncovered but I'm worried they may chew it

I'm doing a C&C now, chelle83, and I personally wouldn't do correx without sides... It depends on the pigs, but my Picchu used to chew everything, including the bars of their pet shop cage, so if he were still around he'd definitely have a go. Machu likes to headbutt things and is forever pulling up the newspaper that I put underneath their bedding and trying to crawl under it, so that's another concern, depending on how you secure your fleece. If they get underneath it they're on the grids and will hurt themselves.

The other thing about not doing sides is the mess -- sides stop them from kicking out bedding, hay, etc. so easily!

I bought mine on ebay from Trio Floor Protection. Three 8 x 4 sheets for £20 with no additional delivery, choice of white or black. It's only 2mm but I'm sewing fitted cage liners and Machu is almost completely litter trained (I use the word 'trained' loosely -- he just really decided he prefers to use the tray and that suits me fine!) so I'm hoping it won't be exposed to enough abuse to make that a problem. Three sheets is also more than enough for my cage, L-shaped loft, and lots spare to put sides on a ramp, build a little hidey house, etc.... Also to practice on when I inevitably mess up my first go!

Just bear in mind that this is 2mm which is very flimsy compared to 4mm - I've used both and would now always go for the 4mm.

I've never had 4mm before, however I have used 2mm and it worked out ok with a base and Lino down. Would you say it is necessary or just preferable? Price wise it's better than my previous purchase.

I've never had 4mm before, however I have used 2mm and it worked out ok with a base and Lino down. Would you say it is necessary or just preferable?

I think to an extent the 2mm is false economy as it just doesn't last nearly as well and isn't very rigid for the sides etc.

I have still got a piece of 4mm folded into a sort of tunnel outside on the back yard (I was going to throw it away but the rabbits love playing in it lol so it stayed!) that has been there for well over 18 months lol.

I found I had to use two pieces of the 2mm for a base as I wasn't happy with just one piece. It is personal preference though. But for me it will always be 4mm now. :)

I think to an extent the 2mm is false economy as it just doesn't last nearly as well and isn't very rigid for the sides etc.

I have still got a piece of 4mm folded into a sort of tunnel outside on the back yard (I was going to throw it away but the rabbits love playing in it lol so it stayed!) that has been there for well over 18 months lol.

I found I had to use two pieces of the 2mm for a base as I wasn't happy with just one piece. It is personal preference though. But for me it will always be 4mm now. :)

I think as it's such a good price I'll try the 2mm first and either buy more/upgrade later.
I'm already spending £90 on grids and I've got to buy my bun a Wendy house this month too.
The things we do for our furries!
Thanks for your suggestions though, I'll bare them in mind if this fails.

Yes I know what you mean! Luckily I already have the grids lol. xx

I have ordered the 2mm Correx, figured I would double it up and to be honest since my aim to have them in the shed all year (starting from the summer) if the C and C is a bit flimsy it won't kill anyone. I am experiementing!

Has anyone found Coroplast with cheap postage (I don't drive), all the good deals I have found have up to £20 p and p, that seems a bit extortionate :) Thanks!

I make and send correx bases, the p&p is £11.99. As they are so large its expensive to send. I cut and pre score so its all ready, If your interested and want a quote feel free to message me. I use 6mm correx :)

Just a quick reminder for any newbies to email local sign shops. I emailed two in melton and was able to buy a 1800x800 4mm piece of correx for £5, cut it for me and ready to pick up the next day. I was chatting and the owner said that it costs him around £1 if added on to an existing order from the suppliers but if ordered on its own would be like £30!
I spent ages looking at eBay, amazing and all the links here but the postage just was too much. I went to B&Q and homebase, both have that corophulted stuff which is much tougher and I'm not sure would work as well plus was £25!
Email sign makers! I've emailed him for some more as I'm going to upgrade my 2mm to 4mm as it looks much better. At £5 a pop why not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back