• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Craft A Piggy - free to enter competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d much rather have that sketch on my wall than a Picasso
[/
Just for a bit of variety and fun, here are my edible craft vanilla and chocolate piggies!

The cutters are some unsold Christmas cutters that I have found in a hardware shop; I have shaped them into guinea pigs with some pliers.

I also had to work out how to make a chocolate dough with exactly the same consistency as the vanilla one. Cocoa and drinking chocolate powder suck up moisture, so you have to compensate for that. It took a couple of tries to find the right amount of chocolate so it is not too strong for children but still tastes chocolatey!
You have to place the cutters judiciously and also roll out the dough patches carefully each time in order to create interesting patterns. The longer you do it, the more mottled the piggies become - but you still want to avoid the two doughs getting too badly mixed up into just one colour!

But it is always fun to allow the children to choose their own piggy when I sell the biscuits/cookies at guinea pig rescue fundraising events!

View attachment 127407

View attachment 127406

View attachment 127410
OM goodness where did you get your cutters from. They are ideal to make presents from my boys 😀

OM goodness where did you get your cutters from. They are ideal to make presents from my boys 😀

As stated, I made them myself... :D

There are sadly no guinea pig cutters in the UK; some very expensive ones can be bought and shipped from the US or Australia.

I don’t suppose we’re going to be allowed to vote for all of them are we?
There are so many superb entries here

Well I have been searching my photos to see if I have one of my crocheted mini pigs on their own as I don't have time to make one before the deadline... The search continues

Well I have been searching my photos to see if I have one of my crocheted mini pigs on their own as I don't have time to make one before the deadline... The search continues
I'm sure there's one there somewhere Kelly.

Please when is the deadline for this?
Been so busy with Thanksgiving and getting gifts for Christmas. I wanted to submit something else, just I don't know if I will have enough time.

Please when is the deadline for this?
Been so busy with Thanksgiving and getting gifts for Christmas. I wanted to submit something else, just I don't know if I will have enough time.

It's in the first post. 20:00 GMT on Sunday 15th December

_20191215_133058.JPG

I made this a year or two ago, it's a plastic board with little pegs that have a rubbery square with a hole in placed on top, it's very fiddley and only a basic design, I can't remember what it's actually called though, I did see some forum members piggies pictures as designs on the more complicated ones for sale :)

Better late than never. I managed to find a few of my previously made cards to photograph. Not the best photos as I didn't want to take them out of the cellophane.

The piggy is a stamp I purchased and they are painted with watered down stamping inks.

IMG_20191215_182940__01.jpgIMG_20191215_182951__01.jpgIMG_20191215_183000__01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back