• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

D.i.y indoor perimeter fence

Decided today to make an indoor fence to stop my pigs running where they shouldnt on floor time. The plan is to buy trellice from homebase that doesnt had big holes, saw it into section and put hinges on every joint so that every next hinge is the opposite way round so it folds up and stores away.

Will show photos later if i get the bits. This will also be where i bond my pigs in a few weeeks

Basicly its going to be a playpen but bigger

Piggies&buns

Teenage Guinea Pig
Worth trying though!
Could you not just use c&c grids, cable tie them top and bottom but don’t join the last two grids together. That way it concertinas up and store easily. This is what I have as an indoor playpen/spare emergency cage. I then just unfold, form it into whatever size and put the connectors on. Mine is tied together to make a 6x3 but I can just fold out as much of it as I need - last weekend I had it as a 5x2 and the extra grids just fold back on themselves so are out of the way.

Worth trying though!
Could you not just use c&c grids, cable tie them top and bottom but don’t join the last two grids together. That way it concertinas up and store easily. This is what I have as an indoor playpen/spare emergency cage. I then just unfold, form it into whatever size and put the connectors on. Mine is tied together to make a 6x3 but I can just fold out as much of it as I need - last weekend I had it as a 5x2 and the extra grids just fold back on themselves so are out of the way.
Yea i will do this soon. I get an idea in my head and cant resist doing it. All seems good in my head but no, not the case! I think i will stick to drawing and looking after pigs

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
I got a bunny business runoff Amazon for around 30 quid which folds up and down in seconds and you can choose the size and shape. It works well as an indoor run. I even used it as a temporary pen when I had to take 2 piggies with me to stay with Grandma for the weekend.

I got a bunny business runoff Amazon for around 30 quid which folds up and down in seconds and you can choose the size and shape. It works well as an indoor run. I even used it as a temporary pen when I had to take 2 piggies with me to stay with Grandma for the weekend.
Can you still see them play? I see some runs but they have very high non see though sides

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
I use mine every day when they come inside for cuddle time and I like it. If I am feeling particularly rebellious I let them free range (The OH doesn't like this) but then it is hard to catch them to put them back in the hutch as they are having loads of fun running around.

I use mine every day when they come inside for cuddle time and I like it. If I am feeling particularly rebellious I let them free range (The OH doesn't like this) but then it is hard to catch them to put them back in the hutch as they are having loads of fun running around.
Yea mine are very hard to catch, they remember where all the hiding places are