• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dental work

We have an appointment on Thursday 25th. It seems a very very long way away! I feel so sorry for them. Everyone deserves a holiday, especially them!

Rollie is doing that weird mouthing thing, which I hope is "just" pain. Hopefully metacam will help with that.
Hey! We have an appointment on the 25th as well, at 3:30pm. Hopefully we can meet there. :)

Just got 14mls of cc into rollie. He's really not feeling it today, sulky teenager. Damn, the things we do for these little furries.

Come on Rollie, hang on in there.
fingers crossed for you.xx
He's not eating grass today. I gave him half his metacam dose this morning at 8am (thinking of splitting over the day, not just once a day) but I think it hasn't helped him. How soon can I give him his second split? Do I need to wait until 8pm? He just seems so glum today compared to yesterday.

He's not eating grass today. I gave him half his metacam dose this morning at 8am (thinking of splitting over the day, not just once a day) but I think it hasn't helped him. How soon can I give him his second split? Do I need to wait until 8pm? He just seems so glum today compared to yesterday.
What dose are you giving. We always give twice a day as it’s out of their system so quickly, due to their fast metabolism x

What dose are you giving. We always give twice a day as it’s out of their system so quickly, due to their fast metabolism x
He had an injection yesterday for 2hrs then today gave him 0.1ml (our vocal vets insist on using the weight syringe and have him for 3.5kg dose.) I couldn't remember what Simon said last time, I think it was 0.125 twice a day? What intervals do you give?

We give 0.25 ml or even 0.3 mls twice a day. Have you got dog metacam? Pull the top off the bottle and use a normal 1ml syringe.
Yep, normal dog metacam. If I gave 0.1ml at 8am, when's the soonest he can have more? Thanks for your help. I'm in that gloomy place already.

I would give it now and then give him another dose as late as possible tonight. 0.5ml per kilo body weight is what lots of the exotic vets prescribe now, so you wouldn't be overdosing him.
Thank you SO much! I'm convinced his pain isn't being managed today which is why I think he's so under the weather. Just feel so.... 😣😭🤞

Up to 31ml of cc so far today... Twice got him ready to feed an then ran out of it as only make it in small batches! I'm now rocking critical care chic as have about 5ml of it encrusted on my clothes! 11 days to go!

May be too early to say but Rollie seems to be having a bad day today. He's doing that nothing thing a lot and has no interest in anything. Yesterday he was taking syringes happily. Today will be more of a fight. I really wish every vet was a "Simon".....
Hope he has a better day tomorrow x

Back