• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dental work

One of mine could wait an extra couple of days. The offer is there, if you can sort something re work xx
You are a super kind lady! As much as I'd love to snap it out of your hands, I don't think I can! I don't want this to become your problem. You have enough on your plate without this. Your offer is wonderfully generous though! Xx

Hi all, Rollie (with Fozzy for company) spent the night in an exotics vet in Swindon last night. He was obviously in lots of pain and starting to not take syringes so well. We made the decision that we needed dental work done sooner rather than later and that being the case, it needed to be done by a good, knowledgeable exotics vet. So sad as we only really wanted conscious dental work from Simon but we couldn't keep rollie in that discomfort for any longer. Fingers crossed for him.. He's kept weight overnight and due dental soon. Fozz is there with him. Horrible spending time at home without them here. I keep popping in to see them and then remember their cage is empty!

Hope the dental goes well for little Rollie and he’s back home and eating well x

Hi all, Rollie (with Fozzy for company) spent the night in an exotics vet in Swindon last night. He was obviously in lots of pain and starting to not take syringes so well. We made the decision that we needed dental work done sooner rather than later and that being the case, it needed to be done by a good, knowledgeable exotics vet. So sad as we only really wanted conscious dental work from Simon but we couldn't keep rollie in that discomfort for any longer. Fingers crossed for him.. He's kept weight overnight and due dental soon. Fozz is there with him. Horrible spending time at home without them here. I keep popping in to see them and then remember their cage is empty!
Is that Great Western?

Yes. Are you familiar with them? We were referred there from drive vets. Really wanted to hold on but didn't think it was an option for much longer.
My friend had a bad experience with them, with her bunny. What did they say about the teeth? Could they see a problem?

My friend had a bad experience with them, with her bunny. What did they say about the teeth? Could they see a problem?
They've just called to update me. In the consult she could see things but under GA she said he had really bad spurs at the back and some beginning to entrap his tongue. She's said there is some infection so going for some antibiotics too.

Have they finished the dental now? Which antibiotic are they giving? I am guessing it will be baytril.
She has finished. Waiting for him to eat and then she's thinking about him coming back home. Not sure which antibiotic she's going to give, I'll ask later when she calls back.

I expect you will have an anxious night wondering and waiting.
Just know that we’re all rooting for you and Rollie

Sending healing thoughts to Rollie. Hope he is ok. ❤️

Hope that he had a good night and you have good news this morning.
Hope you managed to get some sleep too.
Will check this thread again later today

Thanks all. Your support is very appreciated. ❤️ Just had a call. He's begun to eat on his own, not a lot, but she's happy for him to come home! She's keeping him on metacam but adding tramadol. Got zantac and antibiotics too.

Back