• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

DIY toilet paper roll crafts

Dixiebaby3

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I really would like to make tunnels or a house out of toilet paper rolls for my piggies to play in. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to stick them together? I know I can’t use normal glues or tape. Are there any pet safe ones?
Also my piggies seem to eat the cardboard not just chew it. Is that normal? I’ve looked it up and can’t find a direct answer. Even if there’s no ink are they supposed to digest it? :no:

Can’t help with turning them into tunnels, it seems to be a lot of work for something which they will just destroy! I personally would just slit them lengthways (for safety) and stuff them with hay or veggies and let them play with them.

No harm in them eating cardboard at all, so you don’t have to worry about that.

Can’t help with turning them into tunnels, it seems to be a lot of work for something which they will just destroy! I personally would just slit them lengthways (for safety) and stuff them with hay or veggies and let them play with them.

No harm in them eating cardboard at all, so you don’t have to worry about that.
Mine love loo roll tubes stuffed with hay! If you are worried about toilet germs on the tubes shove them in the microwave on high for 20 - 30 seconds to sterilise them. Just a tip a learned in another life when I was a childminder over 20 years ago.

When we're on holiday and my guinea pigs stay with my friend, he loves making them houses and tunnels out of cardboard. He makes small holes and connects them with natural string.
They currently have a tunnel with a swing door at each end and a guinea pig sized hole in the side 🤣

When we're on holiday and my guinea pigs stay with my friend, he loves making them houses and tunnels out of cardboard. He makes small holes and connects them with natural string.
They currently have a tunnel with a swing door at each end and a guinea pig sized hole in the side 🤣
Very posh! Can we see a piccie?

723098A2-8B18-4840-9C38-C1538C050CCD.jpeg
I cut some holes in a kitchen paper roll and hung it to the back of the cage with some twine. 👍

I just cut holes in some, and strung them up lengthwise across the cage! Then filled them with hay.

Back