• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does She Need A Bed?

Jennybug89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I plan on getting a pigloo for Rosie on Tuesday but with regards to some kind of fleece bed, does she need one too. She usually just sleeps on the ground of her cage but I don't want her uncomfortable. To those who have beds, do their guineas pee in them?

IMG_20170902_201527.jpg

I don't think a fleece bed is a must, she has that log tunnel to lie under. Piggys do like to hide away and not lie in the open. I only use my fleece bedsfor floor time then they have got something to climb into if feeling a bit insecure. And yes they do pee in their fleece beds. Piggys love to lie in piles of hay so you could put some hay in the log tunnel for her. A pile of hay in the corner of the cage, cardboard boxes and paper bags are also a big hit when filled with hay, they pee in those too but then you can just throw them away!

I don't think a fleece bed is a must, she has that log tunnel to lie under. Piggys do like to hide away and not lie in the open. I only use my fleece bedsfor floor time then they have got something to climb into if feeling a bit insecure. And yes they do pee in their fleece beds. Piggys love to lie in piles of hay so you could put some hay in the log tunnel for her. A pile of hay in the corner of the cage, cardboard boxes and paper bags are also a big hit when filled with hay, they pee in those too but then you can just throw them away!
The log tunnel hasn't to go soon due to her infection but when I get a new one I'll out hay in it. Would this be the hay she eats or a different kind? I plan on getting her a corner litter box as she does wee in the corner a lot, but will she then try to sleep in that?!

Sorry, auto correct went weird in that last message, hope it makes sense!

Comet generally sleeps either out in the open or in one of the carrot cottages, Blitzen sleeps in the cottages, seagrass tunnels and under the log tunnels. I find as long as they have somewhere they can hide under if they want to, they're pretty happy.

Tesco sometimes have paper bags for their veggies, but if you cut the handles off those and stuff them with hay they're a great toy and hidey in one. I have fleece tunnels and cosies for them both but I really only use the cosies, they've had the carrot cottages relatively intact for 8 months now :)) and tbh the seagrass tunnels usually only need replaced because Comet decides to eat them occasionally. They rarely toilet on anything that isn't their hay, bedding, towels...or my sofa lol. They will, however, constantly toilet on fleece, which means constant washing of any fleece stuff they have. I prefer to keep the stuff that doesn't get toileted on.

Comet generally sleeps either out in the open or in one of the carrot cottages, Blitzen sleeps in the cottages, seagrass tunnels and under the log tunnels. I find as long as they have somewhere they can hide under if they want to, they're pretty happy.

Tesco sometimes have paper bags for their veggies, but if you cut the handles off those and stuff them with hay they're a great toy and hidey in one. I have fleece tunnels and cosies for them both but I really only use the cosies, they've had the carrot cottages relatively intact for 8 months now :)) and tbh the seagrass tunnels usually only need replaced because Comet decides to eat them occasionally. They rarely toilet on anything that isn't their hay, bedding, towels...or my sofa lol. They will, however, constantly toilet on fleece, which means constant washing of any fleece stuff they have. I prefer to keep the stuff that doesn't get toileted on.
Brilliant, that gives me an idea of what bits to pick up for her next! Thank you :yahoo:

Mine like to be either in their hay trays or chillin under theirnikea dolls beds on top of extra pads or shower mats.

2hybifa.jpg

Mine all use beds of some sort unless it's very warm in which case they will just pancake all over the cage in any spot.

Edna always sleeps in a cuddle cup.
Eileen spends all her nap time in a hammock.
Eva sleeps in a soft tunnel.
Ellie also sleeps in a tunnel.

Eden sleeps in the hay bag.. :rant: Or a soft tunnel :yahoo:

I think piggys are usually happy enough in a big pile of ordinary hair, all my previous pigs have been :nod:

I can direct you to the shower rooms at my workplace, sure you will find plenty there before the cleaners go on shift!

I generally find piggies prefer hay over hair though, with possibly the exception of the one living in Trumps wig.

You can see Comet's half eaten handiwork here. Won't eat the carrot cottage, will eat the tunnel. Eejit.

I know some people make fleece forests too, if you take a look through any of the photo threads in this section or the photo section, there's always some brilliant ideas.

DSC_0335.JPG

I can direct you to the shower rooms at my workplace, sure you will find plenty there before the cleaners go on shift!

I generally find piggies prefer hay over hair though, with possibly the exception of the one living in Trumps wig.
Hmm yes think I spotted one there the other day lol

Oh yes, I forgot about the fleece forest. I've not added them to the new cage yet but my 2 little baby pigs like to sleep in theirs :)

lol, just reading everything everyone has said - I think we can safely say that piggies will a) sleep where they decide and b) wee anywhere they decide. With the best will in the world, they are highly unlikely to use the place you want them to use for either of these things. That's why we luv them.

lol, just reading everything everyone has said - I think we can safely say that piggies will a) sleep where they decide and b) wee anywhere they decide. With the best will in the world, they are highly unlikely to use the place you want them to use for either of these things. That's why we luv them.
She's peed on me so much since I got her I figure that's a given hahaha

Back