• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ear Infections In Guinea Pigs

BayandPiper

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a guinea pig named Bay. I have noticed that she has not been acting herself. Her head is tilting slightly to the left and she keeps sneezing. She also has not been eating as much as she did before. I think this is an ear infection but I am not 100% sure. I would like to know if there is a way I could treat it from home. I do not have the money to pay a huge pet bill but if it is really necessary then I will.

Thanks.

Hi I’m afraid your guinea pig does sound like it needs a trip to the vets. It might be better to take it now, it might not be as expensive if taken straight away. I’m sorry but I’m not experienced enough to offer advise based on the symptoms you describe. But I’m sending healing vibes & I hope Bay feels better soon x

@BayandPiper Unfortunately only vets can prescribe antibiotics, which an ear infection would need. You can ask them for the prescription and collect it from elsewhere if you find the vet to be too expensive.

That sounds like it could be anything but from a URI, ear infection or even something neurological so it will need a vet trip I'm afraid. It can be quite dangerous to treat from home as well.

To be honest vets aren't as expensive as people think :)

Hey. Bay just got back from her appointment. It seems to be a middle ear infection and she is being treated with medication. She got a little freaked out when the vet looked at her but she is doing good.

Ahhh I’m so glad she’s doing good. What medicine did she get? Big cuddles to her cos vets are scary places for little guinea pigs xx :wub:

Glad she got on okay! Hope she recovers soon :luv:

Vets are scary places aren't they Bay? All my piggies completely agree with you :)

Back