• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eddie doesn't quite seem himself

Pedro had the same issue after his too, we were going pretty frequently (every week at first with his non-eye healing, then 2-3 weeks as teeth don’t grow as quickly with chins) but then got to six week dentals so hopefully you won’t have to go too frequently when he’s healed and you know what’s going on x
I've no clue how often he'll need to go yet but hopefully not too frequently. There's was about 2 1/2 months in between the first problem and this one.

@alpacasqueak you've been amazing. It's great having someone with such a similar experience to talk to who's also just such a lovely person. I can't thank you enough ❤❤
Aw thanks so much, that’s so nice of you to say :hug:I’ve been thinking about your little man loads recently (and worrying like you know :))) and so massively chuffed he’s doing so well! :luv: You’ve been an amazing owner and he’s such a brave little man! 🥰 x

Once I get this module submitted, I need to get started on the next. I want to get this level 5 Advanced Diploma finished by summer, before hopefully I get busy with pet care work! x
I don’t know how you do it, you amaze me! Hope it’s all going well anyway. Fingers crossed for the busy pet care very soon! xx

I've no clue how often he'll need to go yet but hopefully not too frequently. There's was about 2 1/2 months in between the first problem and this one.
Chinchillas teeth don’t grow as fast as piggies but at the beginning it was just finding out what was best for Ped and obviously he had lots of problems the first couple of months! :doh: Hopefully you won’t need to go too often and the teeth will start to improve a bit like furryfriends says 🤞
I'm guessing they’re not causing him problems atm while he tells you off for not feeding him fast enough and stuffing his new hay! :D:))

Aw thanks so much, that’s so nice of you to say :hug:I’ve been thinking about your little man loads recently (and worrying like you know :))) and so massively chuffed he’s doing so well! :luv: You’ve been an amazing owner and he’s such a brave little man! 🥰 x
Pirate Ed sends his love 💕

Chinchillas teeth don’t grow as fast as piggies but at the beginning it was just finding out what was best for Ped and obviously he had lots of problems the first couple of months! :doh: Hopefully you won’t need to go too often and the teeth will start to improve a bit like furryfriends says 🤞
I'm guessing they’re not causing him problems atm while he tells you off for not feeding him fast enough and stuffing his new hay! :D:))
Yep he's doing fine at the moment! He's back to stuffing his little face :D

Hi everyone Eddie is suddenly looking poorly again. Yesterday evening I noticed he was tilting his head slightly when eating hay so called the vets and they said Nathalie's not available until our Wednesday check up appointment so to keep monitoring but there's other vets available if he deteriorates.

Today his head tilting is worse and he is leaning towards that side too (left). He is still eating hay and attempting to go on as normal but something is clearly wrong. The vets said they'll try and get hold of Nathalie and she should be available to call us at around 9am.

Very stressed but I'll try to keep you updated when I can.

Hi everyone Eddie is suddenly looking poorly again. Yesterday evening I noticed he was tilting his head slightly when eating hay so called the vets and they said Nathalie's not available until our Wednesday check up appointment so to keep monitoring but there's other vets available if he deteriorates.

Today his head tilting is worse and he is leaning towards that side too (left). He is still eating hay and attempting to go on as normal but something is clearly wrong. The vets said they'll try and get hold of Nathalie and she should be available to call us at around 9am.

Very stressed but I'll try to keep you updated when I can.
Oh no, I’m so sorry, poor little Eddie. Have you heard from the vet?
Is his face on that side feeling hot or swollen? Just wondering if possibly a bit of infection or something going on or maybe the tooth starting to cause a bit of trouble.
Hope you’re ok x

Oh no, I’m so sorry, poor little Eddie. Have you heard from the vet?
Is his face on that side feeling hot or swollen? Just wondering if possibly a bit of infection or something going on or maybe the tooth starting to cause a bit of trouble.
Hope you’re ok x
Not yet, Nathalie's doing zoos today so she is squeezing in the time to call us somewhere.
His face doesn't look swollen. I'll try and check if it's not when he's woken up from his nap.
I'm expecting it to be his teeth again as he's due a check up this week anyway. He's tilting his head to the side where he doesn't have an eye so not sure if it's related?
Hating all this waiting but trying my best not to stress. Not going too well though to be honest x

Hope you hear from her very soon then.
Yes I’d feel on top of where the eye was and see if it feels hotter or raised. It could be his teeth poking and possibly causing another infection etc. especially if you’re due to be seen for them. Hopefully Debbie might be able to help as I didn’t really see any big head tilts with my two @furryfriends (TEAS).
Massive hugs, I know it’s so blooming stressful but you’ve caught whatever it is early so hopefully you’ll get him sorted and he’ll be fine :hug:x

Oh I’m sorry to hear this. I hope your vet manages to squeeze in a call soon. Sounds very stressful. Sending best wishes. Glad he’s eating hay.

Update:
I gave Eddie some loxicom around midday and it's definitely helped he is tilting his head much less now so that's a relief. He's still eating hay too.

Still heard nothing from the vets though... My mum's going to phone them to make sure the message has got through to Nathalie.

Update:
I gave Eddie some loxicom around midday and it's definitely helped he is tilting his head much less now so that's a relief. He's still eating hay too.

Still heard nothing from the vets though... My mum's going to phone them to make sure the message has got through to Nathalie.
It seems like the head tilt is being caused by pain then, possibly with him eating that side etc, as he’s improved with the loxicom. Glad he’s still eating bless him.
What a pain they still haven’t called, really hope you hear from them ASAP or I’d definitely try and get him to C&R x

I’d take him to see Simon too, you will definitely find out what’s going on and he can give his teeth a quick tidy too, far safer than another GA x

Last edited:
Back