• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eddie doesn't quite seem himself

Update:
Nathalie has called now and since Eddie been much better since this morning (almost no head tilting, still eating hay and pooing, still moving about and looking like himself) for the time being I'll just keep an eye on him, weigh him daily and support him with painkiller until then.

Because of the bank holiday Nathalie isn't in at all until Wednesday but in the event that Eddie deteriorates before then there are other vets with experience of guinea pigs available who can take him in and perform the procedure on his teeth early. If that's the case they will be able to contact Nathalie about it.

I have mentioned Cat and Rabbit to Nathalie before and she was very much against it so I'll be sticking with her for the time being.

Just caught up with this thread.
Sorry that Eddie has been struggling again today.
Hope he holds his own until you can see Nathalie.
Holding you in my thoughts

Just caught up with this thread.
Sorry that Eddie has been struggling again today.
Hope he holds his own until you can see Nathalie.
Holding you in my thoughts
Sorry that Eddie isn't doing so well. Hope he gets better soon and you find what's causing the head tilt.
Thank you :)

How's Eddie doing @Eddie & Elvis?
Thanks for asking :) He's doing very well, much better than I was expecting to he honest. Now he's on loxicom he seems almost normal which is great.

He's eating hay, veg and grass. I've been weighing him daily and there has been a downward trend in his weight (a total of 48g lost since the 21/04) so yesterday evening I gave him a top up feed of emeraid which he happily ate off a spoon. His weight went up a little bit today. I tried to give him some more emeraid on a spoon this morning but he wasn't so bothered so I left him be and he went straight back to the hay but I'm not sure if I should be more insistent about it?

Thanks for asking :) He's doing very well, much better than I was expecting to he honest. Now he's on loxicom he seems almost normal which is great.

He's eating hay, veg and grass. I've been weighing him daily and there has been a downward trend in his weight (a total of 48g lost since the 21/04) so yesterday evening I gave him a top up feed of emeraid which he happily ate off a spoon. His weight went up a little bit today. I tried to give him some more emeraid on a spoon this morning but he wasn't so bothered so I left him be and he went straight back to the hay but I'm not sure if I should be more insistent about it?
Glad things are improving for Eddie, they are such a worry. I syringed Abigail's critical care food and mushed up nuggets, but also left some in a bowl for her to nibble at. To get her weight back up I gave Abi grated sweet potato and rolled oats for a couple of days.
Sending you both best wishes x

Update:

I think I know why Eddie was tilting his head now. Earlier today I picked Eddie up to weigh and feed him and he smelled funny. After a quick check over I found his left ear (side he was tilting his head to) has smelly gunk coming out of it. He is booked in at the local vets for tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks @Abirose :) Eddie's back to eating it off a spoon so I think he was just being fussy before 😂

I think I know why Eddie was tilting his head now. Earlier today I picked Eddie up to weigh and feed him and he smelled funny. After a quick check over I found his left ear (side he was tilting his head to) has smelly gunk coming out of it. He is booked in at the local vets for tomorrow afternoon.
Yuck! Smelly gunk doesn't sound good! Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about Eddie! That’s good you’ve seen what’s causing the tilt and have him booked in at the vets 👍🏻

Oh Eddie you having a tough few weeks,
Me and 3 little piggies send you lots tlc and vibes, x

Really hope Eddie’s ok and his vets goes well today!
Hopefully it’s not (🤞🤞🤞) but Pedro had the same when his abscess originally burst, the stench coming from his ear was horrendous 🙈 I really hope it’s just an ear infection (well really I hope there’s nothing of course!) but had to mention it, just in case it’s his problematic tooth causing issues or another abscess that could’ve burst like with my lad.

Oh dear, I hope everything goes well for your appt today, poor Eddie x

Back