• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsayl

Junior Guinea Pig
Joined
Nov 24, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
17
Points
155
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
My Guinea pig has just eaten some pizza crust. He grabbed it off my plate and ate it. Is this dangerous? I'm totally panicking
 
My Guinea pig has just eaten some pizza crust. He grabbed it off my plate and ate it. Is this dangerous? I'm totally panicking

It is not good for him as a regular diet, but a one off should not give him any problems. Take a deep breath!
 
Don't panic. It's not ideal but shouldn't be life threatening. Monitor his poo output over the next 24 hours and take him to the vet if he stops pooing or eating.
 
Thank god. I literally was on the verge of a coronary. He never ever goes for human food so I was not expecting it. I swear he's like a wee kid and has got so cheeky in his behaviour haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top