• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Enrichment Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay, hay and even more hay. When I throw lots of hay into the cage, the piggies get so excited and start popcorning. I sometimes think we humanise our pets and really it's the most natural things they love. A handful of grass and a few dandelion leaves will make them far happier than a toy.

I sometimes just fluff up their hay and it gets them all happy. A few strands of grass every time they wheek at me gets them chomping away.

I scatter feed their pellets hiding them in their microfibre mats and amongst their hay. Well worth it to hear those cute crunching noises when thwy find some.

I slightly rearrange their cage every day or two. A tunnel that they havent seen for a while or a different fleece cage liner will cause popcorns!

The ever popular cardboard boxes go down well too.

my piggies are different...:sly:
When I offered them a roll of toilet paper filled with hay they looked at it and then moved on...
Then I gave them a paper bag filled with hay, Calliope went into in and scared to death of the noise of the paper she caused with her feet!:yikes: Of course both piggies learnt the lesson... bag paper=bomb.
The tunnel... yes, nice... but come on! it is only a toilet!!!
The mountain of hay: it is a bed-restaurant.
The tablecloath and other large blankets put on the floor in a mess: that is funny!
Today they had a sort of "agility path", had a great fun jumping up and down, but then Calipso had enough...
100_6802.JPG

then they discovered another interesting game: they found a tetra-pak bottle of soy milk and started nibbling it making a paddle on the floor, on which of course they lay down with all their long hair...:mal::mal::mal:

My boys used to love the balls you fill with treats and they fall out as they rolled them around. (My dog loves his too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back