• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

So on top of everything else, Shelly became quite lame in her front left leg today. It is slightly swollen and warm..I am hoping so much that she hasn't broken it because I'm not sure how it would possibly heal well with her osteodysrophy, or how her right would manage if it needed amputating.

She has slowly been figuring out how to move about with it and has been putting a little more weight on it as the days gone on after being seperated from the others to stop Oliver trying to chase and nip at her, shes also had an extra dose of metacam to make sure she's comfortable and they'll try to fit me in tomorrow to have her looked at if I call first thing to see if there's any cancellations. I've got everything crossed for my poor girl.

20210606_160207.jpg

Thankyou, I'm struggling to get her seen at the moment but thankfully she is almost back to normal now so it's unlikely she has broken anything. But with her OD I will be still getting her checked to be sure, it may just be that her pain management needs a slight adjustment going forward. But she has been jumping from one end of her sectioned off area to the other and moving around well, fully weight bearing on the leg since late late night.
In true piggy fashion she is blissfully unaware of the absolute freak out and panic she's caused 🤣
20210606_204053.jpg

We finally have an appointment! I'm so relieved, shes being seen Thursday. I will keep her sectioned off and on her extra metacam until then but she's improved so much already. The first half of the video was when I found her, and the second half is today. I only slept a couple of hours Sunday night, weighing up the options for a broken leg I really though we were going to have to put her to sleep, but like her brother she appears to have 9 lives!

I am so pleased to see she is doing well. All down to your good care, and her determination.

Thankyou! I'm definitely blessed with these little nuggets. Even if I do have to retrieve them from behind things on a regular basis, or stop them chewing things they shouldn't (Ebony for some reason thought eating a chunk from the rubber broom was a good idea!)
I forgot to say Leonard had been started on algae oil and CBD, he's doing really well on the few doses he's had so far, he destroyed his cage, threw his snuggle sack around and dug up his shavings. He's currently getting some form of medication or other every 3 hours during the day, metacam, calpol or his CBD. Then fitting his supplements in when I can, he's decided to go off his dried milk thistle so I'm going to have to start buying him capsules and fit those in somewhere too now XD he's certainly got me wrapped around his little paws lately, probably as punishment for giving him a bath haha!

Aw, Shelly, what a brave little lady you are, hope that sore leg gets better very soon x

Sadly it seems it was a blood clot, she has developed a heart arrhythmia..I'm assuming from the heart issues that come with being 1/4 cuy. It seems that its just going to be a matter of time now, I am to continue the extra metacam and we will carry on until she either passes on her own terms or needs a helping hand to go find Leonard and Ivory again 😥 shes back in with her friends again now, no need to keep her seperate.

20210610_192155.jpg20210610_192139.jpg20210610_191610.jpg20210610_191243.jpg

Oh poor little Shelly, I do hope you get lots and lots of special time left with her. Sending you big hugs, it’s so hard when you know you have a piggie that is failing and you have more than one to care for in the later stages of their life, so sorry it’s not a better diagnosis x
I remember what a sad day it was when Ted, Leonard and Sprout died back in December, all gorgeous boys x

Sorry for the news about Shelly.
May she know many more happy todays until it’s time to go over the Rainbow Bridge
Hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thankyou both, I'm incredibly lucky that all 3 are still so happy and well in themselves in spite of their issues. I have ordered a brown seaweed and a turmeric supplement for her, as they're both meant to be very effective anticoagulants, I dont think with her failing kidneys she can have any medication for it so it's worth a shot. At least I should be able to see if it helps as I'd imagine her foot will go back to a normal colour, you can see in her pictures how much more purple her left foot is.

20210611_122923.jpg

I'm sorry about Shelly, she's a beautiful pig. She looks like my little girl Pinto, I call her my sunshine. Shelly looks like a little piece of sunshine herself. Such a cute girl. 🙂 I hope you and her have some more good times together.

I'm sorry about Shelly, she's a beautiful pig. She looks like my little girl Pinto, I call her my sunshine. Shelly looks like a little piece of sunshine herself. Such a cute girl. 🙂 I hope you and her have some more good times together.

Thankyou so much, she really is a little bit of sunshine bless her.

I'm so lucky to have piggies so willing to take their medications and supplements 😅 they're such funny little things.
https://youtube.com/shorts/fOEkreSrHQw?feature=share

Our little Panda had an appointment this afternoon to have her teeth looked at, for some reason her incisors are not wearing down properly. Luckily it doesn't seem to be a molar issue and no swelling or abscesses could be felt, the lower left felt a little wobbly so hopefully she's just broken it below the gum line and she will be fine once it's grown out. She seemed to behave herself, he was out the back and back in with her in only a couple of minutes. If they need repeated burrings he's going to teach me how to do it so she doesn't have to keep going in, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. Shes sulking a bit bless her and had to have her veggies finely chopped while she gets used to her new teeth and wears in a chisel shape again so she can bite effectively, but she's eating well.

20210618_190515.jpg20210618_180027.jpg20210618_175933.jpg

Back