• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

I didn't get the chance to upload these yesterday because I became suddenly rather unwell at about 7pm.. finally just able to hold down fluids and dry toast 🤢

But anyway..Leonard scared the life out of me, sleeping so deeply. I took a picture of him cooling his plums against the perspex, turned around for a couple of minutes and when I looked back I thought he had died! Little monkey.

20200218_142555.jpg20200218_143954.jpg20200218_143934.jpg

I am sorry to hear you have been unwell. hope you feel better now. Leonard is such a gorgeous looking little piggy.
Peanut sleeps deeply like that, yesterday he was lying completely in the open in the middle of the cage. He's always been very timid and sleeps in hiding, my heart did a big lurch, I thought he'd gone. I swear these piggies have aged me 20 years in the last 5!

Thankyou both! I think I'm slowly getting there, I managed to sleep more than an hour or two at last but I still feel a bit rough. In the last 2 days all I've managed to keep down was 1 banana but I'm finally hungry! I've had to cancel Leonard and Daisys appointments though and reschedule for Monday as I don't feel up to leaving the house, I can barely make it up and down the stairs..plus I would hate to spread whatever this is.

Thanks! I'm finally better, for some reason having to push through yesterday to get all the cages deep cleaned seems to have got rid of any lingering 'iffyness' I had been feeling.
I've been spending the weekend catching up on all the cleaning and clearing up I had not done over the week, I've had bowls and syringes up to my eyeballs 😂😂

Daisy is back with the herd, there was a little "Oh no not you again" 😂 from Delilah who had obviously been enjoying the peace and quiet, but other than that she was accepted right back into the family with no bonding, I just popped her back into the freshly cleaned out pen.
Leonard's poor eye seems to be getting a little worse so I'm glad his appointment is tomorrow. The more I look at it the more I think something is blocked or not lubricating properly so hopefully nothing dental. But he's otherwise happy as anything as usual.
Thistle has learned if she stands at the bars she gets a pea flake so I've created a monster..yelling at me for pea flakes at regular intervals! She seems to have given Bailey a boost of confidence as well as she no longer runs into the walls in a bid to hide from me whenever I move to fast, for the first time ever she has begun coming up to the front with the others to take food with regularity, I'm sure she will only continue to get braver!

20200222_184338.jpg20200222_185033.jpg20200223_205328.jpg20200223_205212.jpg

I took some pictures of Leonard last night begging for his treats after having his medication and eye drops.
He looks a right scruffy old man lately covered in food half the time with a goopy eye 🤦‍♀️ but he's happy bless him! Less happy about getting his face and eye wiped but oh well lol!

20200226_235418.jpg20200226_235152.jpg20200226_235451.jpg

I've gone and injured my back again..deflating an air bed of all things! 😂
Pumpkin has been keeping an eye on me today bless her.
I've had a bit of a revelation, I bought the pigs normal pellets again after quite a while without them, I got the grainless science selective ones. Whilst they've been on the soaked grass pellets there have been absolutely no white stains on the black choroplast from their urine, Leonard and Ebony have been doing really well with their peeing. But Tilly had a bit of uneven wear on her incisors and some discoloration, I can't remember if I mentioned that but I'm guessing my half hearted feeding of veg while I had the stomach bug caused a nutrient deficiency or imbalance in her so to quickly rectify it, I bought a bag of pellets. Tooth discoloration fixed but we've had a return on white powdery wees in everypig. So I can only assume pellets are too rich for my lot alongside the large amount and variety of veggies they usually get. So that was quite interesting to see. At least I know what was triggering Ebonys issues and probably Leonard's stone ☺

20200302_163001.jpg20200302_163318.jpg

The little gang of misfits have had a day 😂 bless them. Bailey and Thistle got antifungal baths because they both have iffy immune systems and a build up of scurfy, dry skin. I think the sorting out of dominance that's been up and down got to them both a bit but they did really well, Bailey wasn't overly keen but it was her first bath ever so I don't blame her too much. She enjoyed being dried though!
And just in case Ebony felt left out she seems to be developing osseous metaplasia, a ring of calcium build up, in her left eye. I've probably butchered the spelling of that but I can't be bothered to go check 😂 it shouldn't bother her though, luckily..and it looks rather pretty.

20200309_130821.jpg20200309_132242.jpg20200309_132641.jpg20200309_142146.jpgreceived_510949049796304.jpeg

Had a bit of a disappointing morning today, I had gone to get a filter, decor and bits for the fish tank I had been given, while I was out I spotted a satin lilac tri colour crested boar..he was beautiful but I was immediately worried he would end up somewhere that did not know about Osteodystrophy. I went home and thought about it, I don't really have boar space but in the end I decided I couldn't leave him. Unfortunately when I got there he was gone..I hope he is somewhere that will love him and ensure his life is as pain free and comfortable as possible.

On a brighter note, I got a surprise in the post a little while ago. I was invited to a group by a friend, about 150 of us, all lovely people with the idea of gifting from an Amazon wishlist when we can. Of course mine is all for the pigs, I don't really need anything.
So, Ebony, Bailey and Thistle recieved a big grass tunnel! They absolutely adore it and as I had hoped, has really got Thistle moving about and active.

20200313_162909.jpg20200313_160232.jpg

Today has been a less than great day. Last night Leonard started to squeak while peeing again so he went to see the vet at 5pm, his eye is also looking a bit inflamed so wanted that checked again too. His bladder is painful but can't feel a stone, but there may still be one yet. 3 weeks of antibiotics and review, if no better then xrays and go from there. He's got Maxitrol eye drops a steroid and antibiotic drop for 2 weeks to help the inflammation of the skin from the discharge around the eye. That may be a dental problem, so again we will have to see, may need xrays on that too I think?

He did say we can't really take out a stone every 5 months which I suppose he is right..but if it is a stone I will still give him 1 more shot at surgery before making a decision but it does look like we are paddling around in the shallows of the euthanasia discussion now. Leonard is his usual bright happy self, so at least he doesn't seem too effected by it all. He sat in his favourite position for quite a while when we got home, on my lap with his head resting in my hand.

20200316_175726.jpg20200316_175705.jpg

Thankyou, I'm not sure yet if the antibiotics are doing anything, he's had some good pees and an bad pees but it's still early days. He's still the same happy little man though.

My mornings been up and down, my emergency bale of hay I ordered came through on Amazon as cancelled, mild mental breakdown later and we got that sorted and it should be here tomorrow.

I've had Hazel out for a cuddle, piggy cuddles are always the best stress relievers...although she didn't seem too convinced lol!

20200318_154002.jpg20200318_153449.jpg20200318_153536.jpg20200318_153244.jpg

I don't want to jinx it but Leonard's eye is looking reasonably good, it still weeps but since the vet saw what concerned me, I trimmed the crust out of the hair so the drops can better reach the skin and it's looking a lot healthier under there now. He's also peeing quite well so as always, fingers and toes crossed!

And this little madam frightened the life out of me yesterday, she got hay caught around her tongue and choked. Luckily I was stood next to the cage at the time!
But look at that little face, she is such an expressive piggy.

20200319_004341.jpg20200319_005735.jpg20200318_235813.jpg

Back