• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

Me too 😅 she reminds me so much of one of my first ever piggies, Badger, except she had a nose stripe..and was enormous haha I have a bit of a soft spot for roans because of her!

Of gosh what a beauty! Really unusual colouring, lovely, yes wonder if she remembers Poppet? Love roaning in piggies, it’s lovely

Shes a lovely little thing, and in fact pretty fearless when she thinks she might get some food out of it haha shes already screaming for dinner with the rest of them and will happily take food from my hand :) her massive eyes give her such funny little expressions.

20210107_185625.jpg

Shes a lovely little thing, and in fact pretty fearless when she thinks she might get some food out of it haha shes already screaming for dinner with the rest of them and will happily take food from my hand :) her massive eyes give her such funny little expressions.

View attachment 163342
Aw she is so trusting already ❤️

She did it! I'm going to be easing back on her nightly syringe feed over the next week to see how well she maintains the weight and if she does well, id say she's strong enough to handle the stress of bonding and can go in with the herd! If that goes well I will see if my vets are doing elective surgeries this time round and book Oliver in to be neutered so he can eventually join her.

20210113_210842.jpg20210113_210902.jpg

Thankyou! In typical Fern fashion, we solve one issue and then get another 🤣 poor sausage has broken one of her top incisors, problem is the break is so far below the gumline the tooth won't fall out, but its so loose it wobbles and she can't bite anything. All her veggies are soft leaves or grated for now 🤦‍♀️ never mind, next week she won't have any bars to bite and break teeth on, providing the herd accept her!

20210115_185508.jpg

Aw, what a shame, my Bill broke an incisor at gum line and had a wobbly incisor. We rushed him to the vets who arrange an appointment for the following day for GA to remove the broken part of the wobbly tooth and by the time we got home it had come out. Their teeth grow so fast it should push out in a day or so x

Oh Bill! Bless him. Typical isnt it, ive a feeling that's exactly what would happen with Fern too, its sticking forward slightly so it shouldn't be too long before it falls out, I did give it a very gentle wobble but its not ready yet, its quite long compared to the others now so I'm keeping a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't start irritating the bottom of her mouth, if it gets too long she might need to go in to either have it trimmed shorter or removed, but we will see, fingers crossed by the morning its gone!

Fingers crossed 🤞 I dont usually have missing teeth to deal with, I think when Bramble lost one it only took about a week or so but I cant remember, I'm sure my vets would be happy to burr the lower ones if needed, although Fern might be a bit less happy about it 😅 I'm so glad its out, her mouth seemed quite uncomfortable for a while.

Back