• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

Just been helping someone else with a piggy with possible E.cuniculi and I'm not really doing ok with it..I miss this little face so much, she used to look at me like I was her world, and she was mine. I've been trying to put it to one side to get through the holidays and get the other piggies sorted but it's hit me like a train all over again.

This is my favourite photo of her in the world.. she was so beautiful.
View attachment 103705
That’s the nature of grief.
You think you’re doing ok and then suddenly something happens or is said and it’s like being hit by a train again.
Miss Bramble was such a very special girl and it hasn’t been that long since you lost her.
Holding you in my heart as you work through the grief

Thanks, I'm very ready for the ups and downs to end but I suppose I don't get a choice in it! I do feel better today though as I need to be focussing on Ebony and making decisions for her depending on her time at the vets today.
Just dropped her off for her xrays and ultrasound. She was booked in by the lovely nurse who booked in Leonard for his and she was just as nice as before, said it was always the ones that were spoilt and well looked after that seemed to come in so often which made me feel a little better.
Missing her little face but she will be home soon, being new years eve!
She was not impressed at being back in the carrier but she has gained about 50g since Friday which is good :) so whatever it is, isn't getting her down just yet.
20181231_092457.jpg20181231_092448.jpg

Just got back with her and it's best case scenario. No stones, very minimal sediment. We're to finish the antibiotics and metacam, and see how she goes but she is already better than she was Friday. Continue to get as much water into her as possible for a while and seeing as it worked for Leonard, i'm going to try her on the cystease too.
More importantly, she's been given the green light for bonding, whatever it is is very unlikely to spread to Treacle and Cinnamon and if anything, the stress of being alone is making the urinary issues worse than they are.

She seems happy to be back home at least :xd:
DSCN9853 (2).JPG

What a beautiful girl so glad she's got a good prognosis and you can look to the future for her! X

Finally got round to moving the room around and Ebony is instantly a lot happier, walking about chatting away to herself and the other pigs. She's spent far longer trying to make friends with the gerbils on her other side than Cinnamon and Treacle though, daft pig! :doh:

Gorgeous piggies. Mine won't eat banana, they look at me like I'm trying to poison them if I offer it! I love those bowls, I got two back in the summer in The Range but when I went back for more they had gone.

Cinnamon and Panda react exactly the same way XD they took one look and went under the hay in disgust! No pleasing some of them I suppose, it smelled great though, I had a little myself..
These were from The Range too, they seem to stock them on and off, it's taken quite a while to amass this many, they're never on the shelves long. But they're great for the pigs, it takes them quite a while to tip them over.

I look every time I go in The Range, will keep looking! Mine don't seem to tip their bowls over although Red likes to sit in it, he's getting a bit big for that now, there's a lot of over spill. :))

She was simply giving you a present! Be grateful, you’re lucky! :)):)):))
Just look at her in the first photo awaiting your praise and approval!

:lol!: I'm not sure if my scales are having a bit of a tantrum, I need to double check them later but they say Treacle has lost about 50g, I took her down to get her some critical care and made the mistake of popping her next to all the veg I took out of the fridge earlier to reach room temp. There's certainly not much wrong with her appetite!

If the scales are correct however we'll be booking her in to see the vet tomorrow. I expect xrays and an ultrasound for her also will be needed, just to rule out the possibility of any lingering calcium issues.

20190106_180059.jpg20190106_180058.jpg20190106_180217.jpg20190106_180522.jpg20190106_180430.jpg

Back