• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

How have I only just found this thread?
Your piggies are gorgeous, and they all look so shiny and healthy.
Fingers crossed that Ebony's weight loss is down to the scales and not real - I find mine go a bit off when the battery needs replacing.
As for Pumpkin I may have to pop round later with my pig-napping coat :love::love:

:lol!: I'm not sure if my scales are having a bit of a tantrum, I need to double check them later but they say Treacle has lost about 50g, I took her down to get her some critical care and made the mistake of popping her next to all the veg I took out of the fridge earlier to reach room temp. There's certainly not much wrong with her appetite!

If the scales are correct however we'll be booking her in to see the vet tomorrow. I expect xrays and an ultrasound for her also will be needed, just to rule out the possibility of any lingering calcium issues.

View attachment 104139View attachment 104141View attachment 104144View attachment 104145View attachment 104146
Well what's a piggie to do when there is a nice fat green pepper sat asking to be eaten?

Thankyou! Good news is I got her back out and weighed her on a more stable surface and she is indeed her normal weight, if anything, up 10g or so, which is great :)

Thankyou! Good news is I got her back out and weighed her on a more stable surface and she is indeed her normal weight, if anything, up 10g or so, which is great :)

That reminds me must check the weight of my lot tomorrow. They had their weekly check today but as it was getting dark (they are outside piggies) I couldn't weigh them.

Well, there goes my planned day of bonding. Yodel have lost my cage :doh: I should be hearing back in 24 hours time..great! At least the pigs dont know about it :lol!:

I was maybe not as polite as I should have been to the customer service person..considering they were trying to tell me that 1: I actually signed for it, which I didn't. Then 2: They left it with a neighbour but didn't know which one, no card was put through my door for whatever reason and wanted me to traipse up my street in the rain knocking on doors to find it!

After my little rant, the driver returns half an hour later with the cage and an apology. So who knows where that had been..most likely signed them all himself so I could avoid the frost and deliver them at his leisure later in the day.
But anyway..I don't have the energy to go out and get shavings and hay now so bonding will be tomorrow which is a shame. But I'm sure one more day won't hurt :)

Well at least you got it! I waited in all day for something once cos Yodel said it would be delivered that day. It was teeming down with rain when the Yodel van turned up outside my house, waited 5 mins and then left. I then got an email and a text message saying I wasn't in! Which I had been ALL day. The driver just didn't want to get wet.

There will definitely be pictures, I will probably try and get a video too if I can. I've never put a c&c cage together so there will also probably be a lot of stupid questions XD

The things these drivers seem to get away with is shocking. I'm glad it turned up, but not only did it turn up, it doesn't look like anyone's been jumping on it which is an improvement from the last time they delivered anything to me!

I know what you mean about drivers!
We came home one wet Saturday to find a parcel sitting on the doorstep- outer wrapping soggy.
Fortunately the inside box was just damp.
I suggested my husband complained to the company - we could have been away for more than a day!

The moment of truth! They've only been together about 10 minutes but it's a much smoother introduction that when Treacle faced the herd. There has been some talking and a tiny bit of rumbling but that's about it. They're toddling about eating hay at the moment.
I'm having a hard time telling Ebony and Treacle apart at the moment even though they have different face shapes but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it! Shelly sat and watched the entire time I was putting the cage together, she didn't look too impressed lol!

20190110_161612.jpg20190110_162717.jpg20190110_163431.jpg20190110_163501.jpg20190110_163621.jpg20190110_163626.jpg20190110_160058.jpg

It sounds silly..but I'm SO proud of Treacle. She has come along so much in the year we've had her, and has accepted Ebony really well. She didn't raise her hackles and she's barely even rumbled. In fact she seems quite taken with her and sits by her quite a bit already.
Here they are having their pellets together :) I am quietly confident we have a successful bonding.

20190110_203825.jpg20190110_203900.jpg20190110_203925.jpg20190110_203929.jpg

So glad your herd is settling together well - they are all lovely.
Love the cage and the girls will really enjoy the space
Are you adding in hideys and snuggles as well?

Definitely once they've settled down I'll be putting in some tunnels and those wooden bendy log hides for them, at the moment it's empty so that Treacle doesn't get trapped somewhere, turn around and bite someone :)
They're doing ok at the moment but about 1am there were some scuffles between her and Cinnamon with lots of wide open mouths. Hopefully by this evening they can have their bits and bobs in the cage though.

Woke up to quite a surprise when I flicked through the Guinea Pig Magazine that arrived a little while ago :) It's a shame she didn't get to see it but it was a nice surprised once I'd stopped blubbing! I forgot I'd even written it.
20190111_113507.jpg20190111_113518.jpg

Definitely once they've settled down I'll be putting in some tunnels and those wooden bendy log hides for them, at the moment it's empty so that Treacle doesn't get trapped somewhere, turn around and bite someone :)
They're doing ok at the moment but about 1am there were some scuffles between her and Cinnamon with lots of wide open mouths. Hopefully by this evening they can have their bits and bobs in the cage though.

Woke up to quite a surprise when I flicked through the Guinea Pig Magazine that arrived a little while ago :) It's a shame she didn't get to see it but it was a nice surprised once I'd stopped blubbing! I forgot I'd even written it.
View attachment 104490View attachment 104491
How lovely to see that article.
Miss Bramble really was such a special and beautiful girl.

Love the new cage, especially all that hay! Hope your girls bond well. My Guinea Pig Magazine arrived today too, I look forward to reading your story and I'll be thinking of all the amazing things you did to help such a special piggy x

Back