• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

Just caught up with being away and travelling, then settled Ted and the girlies, it’s all been a bit manic!
Leonard is doing so well. Your new babies are gorgeous x Hope Tilly eyes can be sorted soon and Poppet is in no pain and just a learned response x

I hope you had a good time away!

Poppet seems to be responding to the metacam, she's had 2 doses so far and the screaming has reduced so much, I wasn't expecting it to do anything and I don't think the vet was either to be honest, we'll see what happens Sunday when she comes off it again. Sad to think she may have been in pain all this time.

Been doing weights and it amazes me that Paddington and the 2 new girls are the same age, they're half the size of him! On arrival they were 550g and 500g give or take a gram or 2, Coco is now 600g but little Biscuit, the more scared of the 2 hasn't been gaining much. The highest she's been was 534g bless her. They're the size of 12 week old babies but they'll be 8 months soon!

20200723_120032.jpg20200722_213332.jpg

Aw its good to know that Poppet is feeling better when you pick her up. I know it's been said lots of times "If only they could talk" At least you may have an idea of what was causing her to scream when you picked her up. If it is pain are you then going to try the source of the pain or just have her on long term Metacam?

Aw its good to know that Poppet is feeling better when you pick her up. I know it's been said lots of times "If only they could talk" At least you may have an idea of what was causing her to scream when you picked her up. If it is pain are you then going to try the source of the pain or just have her on long term Metacam?

Ideally I'd like to try to figure out the source of it, as long as it won't be invasive or stressful for her. All we know is it isn't ovarian cysts or bladder related as he checked her for that because as he said..She's one of my pigs, it'll be the most likely things 😅 I have a feeling it's probably her joints from the scurvy and very low weight she came with, and if so, long term metacam will be the best thing for her anyway.

Aw, glad Poppet is responding well to metacam, it’s marvellous stuff! It could be her joints, I know scary effects bones so it’s definitely a possibility. Aw tiny girlies, so small! I suppose they have had upheaval so it may take them a while to settle and get eating properly. Not like chunky Paddington x

Poppet has taken quite a shine to little Biscuit, Coco has really come out of her shell this last 24 hours or so which is nice, she let me tickle under her chin a while ago and already runs to the bars for food, instead of running to hide, and she's learned I'm a sucker for wheeking 😅
Biscuit is slowly venturing out for food, although ive been hiding some in places she likes to hide away just to make sure she doesnt miss out. She is also going to be coming out twice a day for a few mls of critical care, just to give her a boost, which she loves. It's certainly bringing back memories, sitting with a small fuzzy lump on my lap, guzzling critical care and watching me carefully with a pair of trusting little black eyes :love: she will be fine, given some time and love.

116132510_10217387488619994_713322088257994331_o.jpg116154419_10217387489340012_5790872159271433262_o.jpg116203705_10217387488019979_8718414325344228133_o.jpg

Paddington has clearly been taking lessons from Coco..he's mastered wheeking and standing at the bars!
Coco on the other hand has figured out taking food from me bless her. And Biscuit is starting to gain weight at a more respectable pace. So all's looking good here at the moment :)

20200724_113558.jpg20200724_120327.jpg20200724_120936.jpg

I'm really enjoying having them all together, the bonding has been far less stressful than normal as I seem to have cracked how to manage Baileys fear aggression when adding new piggies. She is divided down one end for a while, I did a week when adding Poppet, this time I did 5 days, and then when she stops trying to bite at them through the bars, do a full clean out and remove the divider. Aside from a couple of second long chases, she has assimilated back into the group with no aggro whatsoever. I think seeing them interacting happily with the other piggies must give her some sort of understanding that she doesnt need to attack or be attacked. I'm hoping the amount of time can be reduced each time, as she gets more confident that other pigs outside her family mean her no harm.

I'm really enjoying having them all together, the bonding has been far less stressful than normal as I seem to have cracked how to manage Baileys fear aggression when adding new piggies. She is divided down one end for a while, I did a week when adding Poppet, this time I did 5 days, and then when she stops trying to bite at them through the bars, do a full clean out and remove the divider. Aside from a couple of second long chases, she has assimilated back into the group with no aggro whatsoever. I think seeing them interacting happily with the other piggies must give her some sort of understanding that she doesnt need to attack or be attacked. I'm hoping the amount of time can be reduced each time, as she gets more confident that other pigs outside her family mean her no harm.
That sounds like a great idea and it’s obviously worked. Ginger has chased Ted a few times and is feeling a bit out of place as Posh and Ted get on really well. Posh is a real peace keeper and will scold Ginger if she starts to look a little threatening towards Ted and will even give her a little nip, Ted on the other hand really just wants a quiet life!

Just catching up on this. The watch function stops working after a while! Gorgeous piglets! It's lovely to see them all doing so well. :)

He's Reddit famous! Interested as to the subreddit now, as the regular guineapigs one is mostly US...

How's Paddington settling in?

Back