• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

Shelly had a rough night bless her, bloated and stopped eating for a good 6 hours but she is thankfully back to normal after a night of syringe feeds and belly rubs.
Paddington had started limping last night ever so slightly, today he wouldn't put much weight on it at all so off we went to the vets again..starting to think they should be charging me rent 🤣 but yeah, hes got a soft tissue injury most likely from awkwardly falling off of one of the ladies. Poppet has been in season the last couple if days and shes one of the less amenable pigs with him. But he's otherwise fine, few days of metacam and see how he goes, xrays if he's no better or deteriorates but he was given a really good look over and didn't seem to be in much pain..just being a bit of a big baby about it bless him! But I'm glad he's OK, I try not to wrap him in bubble wrap but I am a little over protective if the little man 😅 lots of treats and cuddles to make up for subjecting him to a car ride, which he hates.

20200923_162346.jpg20200923_161732.jpg

Its becoming obvious that Leonards time with us is growing short, he is slowing down and not bouncing back from his bad days like he had been. Hes needing weekly baths to keep clean, and hes very selective of his veggies so he is mostly on grass, but I'm still hopeful he will improve again like he has done a few times over the last 2 years, fingers crossed.

He still loves his apples though, so for his reward for letting me give him a bath, he was allowed as much as he could eat of one while I dried him off.

20200928_180231.jpg20200928_182327.jpg20200928_180656.jpg20200928_182405.jpg20200928_180912.jpg

Well Leonard got another UTI, luckily our vet had given us a bottle of sulfatrim for when that happened, so we got on top of it nice and quick, unfortunately after 3 weeks he decided to stop eating and pooping. I stopped the antibiotics and got lots of extra probiotic down him and critical care.. he has regained all the weight he lost and has started to eat a reasonable amount by himself. Hes doing well, nice and alert, the UTI seems to be gone.
Pumpkin was back to the vets a couple of times a while ago, she had a reaction to the sutures used during her spay (cant remember if ive already said about that), she has another appointment Thursday to check the swelling, with Panda who is rumbling again and causing arguments throughout the room. So she will likely be spayed too.. and hopefully have the lump on her shoulder removed.
Poppet was weighed today and is a whopping 1194g! I never thought when we took her in that she would reach a decent weight, never mind become one of the heaviest girls!
Everyone else is doing well, dont let them hear me say that or they'll find something to need a vet visit for 🤣

20201013_232507.jpg20201013_233711.jpg20201013_233808.jpg20201013_204907.jpg20201013_204856.jpg20201013_210205.jpg

So glad to hear Leonard is on the mend, Hope Panda and Pumpkin are ok, and Pumpkin doesn’t have any cysts. Poppet has really piled on the weight, hasn’t she done so well x

Healing vibes to Leonard and Pumpkin and Panda!
Loved the catch up on your gorgeous gang :love:

Thankyou! Leonard and Pumpkin are very well now, Pumpkin had another inch or so of sutures removed from a very small opening in her incision and so far, the last inch or so hasn't reacted to anything and it seems she is healing. Panda is booked in to be spayed on the 16th of Novemver, my vet is having some extremely well deserved time off after working pretty solidly through the pandemic and that was the first available surgery slot with him. She will also have her shoulder lump removed, all going well.

Everyone else is doing OK, Daisy has a uti, or had? She's halfway through a course of antibiotics but is otherwise well :) I am concerned about Thistles heart after watching a free webinar by John Chitty about cardiorespiratory disease in rabbits and guinea pigs so when my vet is back, I need to get her in to discuss my concerns about that, but thats about it.

I have some news though, I dont know if anyone remembers, but waaaaaay back in..May? When I first applied to adopt Poppet, I also expressed interest in another very timid piggy. Well, she was pregnant, had her babies, ended up being rehomed, but was ultimately returned when she didn't get along with her friend, and appeared on the website again very recently. This time I didnt allow her to slip through my fingers and applied to adopt her, which was successful this morning. Beautiful Clover will be joining us in January when shes ready to come home.

Here she is, as well as a few pictures of some of the other piggies! I've been a bit absent lately and not been putting them up.

20201029_095313.jpg20201028_214724.jpg20201028_211238.jpg20201028_014425.jpg20201028_155255.jpg20201028_014103.jpg20201028_155224.jpg20201028_013235.jpg20201027_204024.jpg20201024_214335.jpg

Aw, lovely photos of your piggies, fancy Clover ending up with you after all 😁

Seems to be happening quite frequently lately, piggies ending up here that I thought had gone elsewhere 😅 I just hope the poor love isn't pregnant again, she looks suspiciously round bless her, but that could be an old photo.

So, for those that haven't seen the rainbow Bridge post, we unfortunately lost one of our gerbils yesterday, Juniper. And this is where this latest story starts.. while trying to distract myself, I thought I would look online for suitable friend or neighbour gerbils for his now lone brother Ash. Unfortunately no suitable gerbs were looking for a home, that I saw. Now, we all know full well I shouldn't be on the Internet unsupervised, which is how I found myself looking at the piggies looking for homes, and where I came across this handsome chap. He is hopefully coming to live with us tonight, while talking to his owner, they said they also had a female, his sister, looking for a home, they just hadn't listed her yet and did I also want her? Silly question to ask me because absolutely! So she is also coming to live with us, although other than she is also just over 1 year old and is the males sister, I dont know anything about her, what she looks like etc so I cant wait to meet her, both of them really. I'm currently setting up quarantine cages. The female will be going in with Tilly and Hazel, we have enough spayed females for the male to choose a friend or 2 from when the time is right.

Anyway, here he is in all his glory!

male-guinea-pig-5fa28fa9ceb92.jpgmale-guinea-pig-5fa28fa9875d4.jpgmale-guinea-pig-5fa28faa0b5b9.jpg

Oh he is so beautiful! Well done you for taking them in. How many piggies have you now? 🤔
I’m so sorry you have lost Juniper, hope you find a friend for Ash soon x

Well there’s a surprise!

2 very lucky piggies getting a fabulous new home.

This is wonderful news - congratulations.

So sorry about Juniper.

Thankyou both, these 2 will put us at 19, Clover will make 20 in January when we can collect her.

I wont say 'luckily' because sadly we had to lose my grandmother to be able to do so, but we will be moving house soon, where the piggies will have a much larger space than they have now, a large room for current piggies and decent garden space for an outbuilding to hopefully make a start on opening a proper little sanctuary are top of the list of things we're looking for once the uncertainty of lockdown is over with.

Thankyou both, these 2 will put us at 19, Clover will make 20 in January when we can collect her.

I wont say 'luckily' because sadly we had to lose my grandmother to be able to do so, but we will be moving house soon, where the piggies will have a much larger space than they have now, a large room for current piggies and decent garden space for an outbuilding to hopefully make a start on opening a proper little sanctuary are top of the list of things we're looking for once the uncertainty of lockdown is over with.
Aw, so sorry you lost your grandma, she will want you to opening your little sanctuary I’m sure. How lovely, the piggies will appreciate the extra space too x

I'm sure she would, bless her. She got quite forgetful towards the end and while she's seen my piggies before, she kept asking my mum what they looked like etc. She went to a day centre on Wednesdays and someone brought in therapy animals, she was so, so pleased about having a little piggy put on her lap, he just sat there looking up at her while she stroked him, she talked about it for ages after 🥰

Theyre here, bless them. Very skittish, I was warned the male bites and ooft, yes he does! The females feet could do with cleaning up but that's a job for tomorrow when shes had a chance to settle. Shes a beautiful agouti and white peruvian, ive not decided on names yet, will have to have a think.

20201105_213728.jpg20201105_213743.jpg20201105_212731.jpg20201105_211312.jpg

We've called the male piggy Oliver, because he has done nothing but ask for more food since arriving 😅 he has a few sores on his feet and his spine is easily felt, but he is a lovely boy, we'll soon get him chunked up, he is only 793g at the moment.
The female still doesn't have a name yet, we managed to get most of the poop off her feet, unfortunately her nails are cracked and broken underneath, and has half a toe missing on the right foot. She is 682g but after having a litter of babies I was expecting her to be smaller than she otherwise would be. Both will take food from my hand though which is nice, already quite trusting in spite of being scared.

20201106_142835.jpg20201106_144115.jpg20201106_144103.jpg20201106_134033.jpg20201106_134053.jpg20201106_140552.jpg20201106_140312.jpg

We've called the male piggy Oliver, because he has done nothing but ask for more food since arriving 😅 he has a few sores on his feet and his spine is easily felt, but he is a lovely boy, we'll soon get him chunked up, he is only 793g at the moment.
The female still doesn't have a name yet, we managed to get most of the poop off her feet, unfortunately her nails are cracked and broken underneath, and has half a toe missing on the right foot. She is 682g but after having a litter of babies I was expecting her to be smaller than she otherwise would be. Both will take food from my hand though which is nice, already quite trusting in spite of being scared.

View attachment 157290View attachment 157291View attachment 157292View attachment 157293View attachment 157294View attachment 157295View attachment 157296
Oh poor little mites! Their feet look awful but I know you will get them back to full health with your love and care x They have certainly landed on their poorly little feet!

Back