• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

Thankyou! I still can't settle on a name for the lovely lady, I'm sure something will come to me eventually. So many options but nothing seems to suit her. I'm not sure how much more I cant help her front feet, I'm not sure anymore what is poop and whats nail, its all the same colour and seems to hurt, and I've never dealt with bumblefoot, I'm not sure how close Olly is to that point so, I'm probably going to see if my vet has appointments this coming week for both of them.
They've settled so well though, already taking veggies and pea flakes from my hand 🙂

I’m sorry you lost your grandmother. Sending hugs
I'm sure you’ll have the new piggies settled in and in full health in no time.
(Oliver looks like my Dexter!)

Thankyou
Got them both booked in at the vets at the end of next week, not sure their feet will heal just with good care, bumblefoot worries me as ive never dealt with it or really savvy about the stages of it so better safe than sorry, plus her front right foot is quite mangled and I've got all the poop off that I can.

Anyway, in order to make her an appointment, she needed a name. So all the suggestions I've had from people went into a hat and one was picked at random.

Meet...Fern 🥰
20201107_120559.jpg

Shes such a sweetie, although she keeps chewing at her poor foot, it must hurt. Not entirely sure what can be done about them except removing the effected nails.. but I'm not a vet so hopefully he will have more ideas than I do.

Took a few pictures while I was cleaning out, theyre so distracting, no wonder it takes me 2 hours to do 🤣

20201107_171548.jpg20201107_183008.jpg20201107_183020.jpg20201107_171509.jpg

Now that they've settled a little, they're doing really well. Ferns cheeky little personality is coming through, shes a right wriggler and has started nipping a little bit but as with Olly, we can work on that. Oliver has stopped biting and loves a chin scratch. He also loves getting kisses but he would never admit it to anyone 🤣 Theyre soft and shiny, and continuing to gain weight. Oliver has a vet appointment tomorrow to have his feet seen, his back end flops to one side every so often and he drinks twice as much as is normal but I'm hoping that is the novelty of having clean water and nothing untoward. Panda also goes in tomorrow to be spayed and have the lump on her shoulder removed.
Ferns appointment is Friday to check out her little front feet to see what we can do about her deformed and damaged nails and toes.

20201111_193854.jpg20201111_195500.jpg

Busy day today! Dropped Panda off at 9am for her spay and lump/cyst removal on her shoulder, shes home and doing well 🙂 Oliver had an appointment at 9:30am, his feet are doing well and should be fine with proper care, he has flopped to the side a few times but we're hoping that's because he's gained weight on weak legs and that'll sort itself out as he gains condition. My vet is happy to castrate him when he's stronger so he can either remain with his sister and live with Tilly, Hazel and her, or he can go in the female herd, lots of options for him. Unfortunately his stumbling could be a metabolic bone disease like Leonard and Shelly suffers with.
Just Fern to go tomorrow!

20201112_165328.jpg20201112_191329.jpg

Good to hear that Panda’s doing well. That’s a very neat wound on her shoulder
I’m sure that with your love and care Oliver will gradually build up his strength.

Aw, glad everything went well at the vets today, and hope it all goes well for little Fern tomorrow x

Back