• Halloween themed fun Photo Competition Out-takes Click here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fast breathing?

Popcorn bby

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pigs both have URIs which are getting treated with Baytril, but about two days ago i noticed my guinea pig (one of the two) had begun breathing quite quickly (her sides were going in and out pretty rapidly). She's still eating and being active, but it's kind of worrying me. You could also hear how fast shes breathing when you listen to her lungs. It doesn't let me post a video here, so if anyone would like to would me figure out if this is something more serious please DM me on Instagram so i can send you a video of her breathing. My Instagram is @angel.yoongz please help me. I know she'll be fine but i still want advice. Thank you.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
My guinea pigs both have URIs which are getting treated with Baytril, but about two days ago i noticed my guinea pig (one of the two) had begun breathing quite quickly (her sides were going in and out pretty rapidly). She's still eating and being active, but it's kind of worrying me. You could also hear how fast shes breathing when you listen to her lungs. It doesn't let me post a video here, so if anyone would like to would me figure out if this is something more serious please DM me on Instagram so i can send you a video of her breathing. My Instagram is @angel.yoongz please help me. I know she'll be fine but i still want advice. Thank you.
Hi

Please see a vet as soon as you can!