• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeding the guinea pigs at TEAS

Its a good thing to do. But I avoid it to ease stress on Dot, she's such a high stress pig
Aww. Mine aren't too bad. I bring them in through the back door and weigh them in a Quality Street base on my kitchen scales. Just have to make sure the washing machine isn't on, that's all.

Been a while since I posted here...

But yea, still feeding loads and loads of grass to the pigs, the grass I feed now probably makes up the 40% of the 80% hay diet. Will be less in winter, but then il up the leafy greens. They are both peeing like race horses now 🏁

They've all eaten loads of grass here, but it's now in rather short supply! I need it to get growing!
The rain will help, and mixed loads of pig poos in water and feeding it to the lawn will help. Nitrogen will boost it, but not too much, it can kill it

Our grass has started to grow again after the rain thank goodness. I've been taking a bag on my evening walk and cutting it from the middle of a steep bank where the council have not been cutting it. You should see the look on certain faces when presented with it, apparently it's the wrong sort of grass! :hb: Honestly some guinea pigs, I do my best.

Our grass has started to grow again after the rain thank goodness. I've been taking a bag on my evening walk and cutting it from the middle of a steep bank where the council have not been cutting it. You should see the look on certain faces when presented with it, apparently it's the wrong sort of grass! :hb: Honestly some guinea pigs, I do my best.
Dot will not eat any types of grass that have a wide stem , she will only eat fine grass. Weird pig

Mine are mostly Costco piggies eating veggies from Costco.
However during the summer months, I give them more grass and dandelions. I add a lot of varieties in their diet so that they are getting all the nutrients they need. I usually grow veggies for them in the summer also. Currently I am growing cilantro, basil, mint, grass, and lettuce for them.
In the winter months, I go back to giving them veggies from Costco, romaine lettuce being their main meal.

Back