• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fingers crossed to bond

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
As some of you may know I offered another member to take on their single neutered boar in the hope we can bond him with our 2 girls, he is gorgeous and we are completely In love with him already and it's only been 24hrs!
We are going to have them interacting through bars for a week and then attempt to bond on neutral ground next weekend. I have read and re-read the bonding guides and will continue to do so all week! Although work has been full on this week I may not have taken it all in properly.
I know any interaction through bars, however positive, can't give an indication of compatability but can anyone suggest anything else I should be looking out for?
When handling them over this next week, should we handle him first or the girls first or does that not matter?

Thank you for reading. 🙂

Aw, I do hope it’s a success for everyone. You are right about the interaction through the bars. My girls seemed to be so made up after Hector arrived, even grooming him through the bars, but that was as far as it went sadly the bonding attempt was a total disaster from the word go.
Good luck 🤞

Aw, I do hope it’s a success for everyone. You are right about the interaction through the bars. My girls seemed to be so made up after Hector arrived, even grooming him through the bars, but that was as far as it went sadly the bonding attempt was a total disaster from the word go.
Good luck 🤞
Thank you, we have our fingers firmly crossed!
maybe your bonding was meant to be that way so you could have the gorgeous Kiki!

As some of you may know I offered another member to take on their single neutered boar in the hope we can bond him with our 2 girls, he is gorgeous and we are completely In love with him already and it's only been 24hrs!
We are going to have them interacting through bars for a week and then attempt to bond on neutral ground next weekend. I have read and re-read the bonding guides and will continue to do so all week! Although work has been full on this week I may not have taken it all in properly.
I know any interaction through bars, however positive, can't give an indication of compatability but can anyone suggest anything else I should be looking out for?
When handling them over this next week, should we handle him first or the girls first or does that not matter?

Thank you for reading. 🙂

Hi

Just give your boy a few days to settle down and get over his initial excitement and allow your girls time to get to know him. This will help with acceptance. Interaction through the bars can be deceptive as it can also be an expression of fear-anxiety and can be very easily misinterpreted. Taking it slowly at this stage can really help.

Here is our bonding guide: Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics

Thank you, I have been reading and watching this guide, I don't want to rush it as we really hope they'll get on.

Feed them along the divider so they get used to eating together and start feeling like a herd. ;)
I also like to have their hay trays next to each other in order to encourage them to hang out together and to synchronise their lives through the bars.

Feed them along the divider so they get used to eating together and start feeling like a herd. ;)
I also like to have their hay trays next to other in order to encourage them to hang out together and do synchronise their lives through the bars.
That's a great tip thank you, will make sure we are doing that.

So this morning on guinea cam we can see that they are looking through the divider and eating, there was some bum wiggling from our quieter one but all 3 are currently out and eating.

So today we have had lots of rumbling from Pig! He was having a good old strut up and down the divider giving it his best rumbling! The girls have been in and out and all chattering away, some nosing and bar biting and sniffing. We have been giving them their veg either side and they can all access some hay side by side. I'm hoping this is all positive but I know I can't read anything into it yet. The guinea cam is so much better than TV!

So today we have had lots of rumbling from Pig! He was having a good old strut up and down the divider giving it his best rumbling! The girls have been in and out and all chattering away, some nosing and bar biting and sniffing. We have been giving them their veg either side and they can all access some hay side by side. I'm hoping this is all positive but I know I can't read anything into it yet. The guinea cam is so much better than TV!
We have an outside night camera for wildlife and some evenings in summer it’s fascinating

Back