• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Fleece - Am I Doing It Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The fleece need to be washed every three to four days, 60 degrees. Non bio detergent and no fabric softener. Also a capful white vinegar is good to remove stains.

Towels also three to four days.

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wash my fleece and towels all together around every 4 days in the way described above. :)
It is interesting to hear you wash your fleece and towels together! I always did mine separately....no idea why.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Yes, every 3 days for me too. I also wash my fleece and towels together, two cycles on an intensive wash at 60 degrees and then into the dryer.

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
So every 3 or 4 days?

It's best to change fleece every 3-4 days. i.e twice a week. However, I advise that you check your fleeces whenever you spot clean.

As I've said before, I don't use fleece on all of my cage but I do use fleece cosies and sometimes use a few cage liners. Whenever I spot clean , I check all my fleece items and change any that are soiled. Sometimes, I will change one when it has only been in the cage for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.