• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fleece And Bath Mats

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
I tried aubiose and absolutely loved it. But I react to it when changing entirely and poo picking - unless I wear a mask during and a good while after. So I'm going to go back to fleece. My question is regarding bath mats. If I use them with puppy pads and/or towels underneath, would it work? I've only got one liner which I can use, and made some pee pads for high traffic areas. I've seen someone on instagram who appears to use them, but welcome opinions on here as well. TIA!

I use shower mats on top of cage liners under their beds

sx2b28.jpg

They get wet after a couplemof days and need changing. The guinea pigs love them.

2lwmx5l.jpg

2m280wg.jpg

I bought some and will be using them in the food area. The first one was in one day. This would have been in two days. Only problem is Toffee keeps lifting it up and chewing the puppy pad underneath :hmm: so I may have to make a liner that will fit in that area. Have to make another anyway so I can change more often.

I have bobbly bath mats from Asda (not sure of the technical term, so bobbly will have to do) and I don’t use puppy pee pads or anything else at all, just the mats and the fleece on top and in my case the base of the cage is never damp, so I’ve found that works really well. I change everything over about every four days, so depending on how many pigs you have, the same might work for you.

I use bath mats in the sleeping areas straight on the fleece with an absorbent level underneath both. My piggies love to sprawl on them!

I was using fleece and Vetbed which I liked but found it hard getting all the bits of hay from it, then I saw someone recommending the bath mats and bought some to try and they are fab. I put a layer of puppy pads then a towel then the bath mats on top. Then I have fleece were pads in their beds and were their water and pellets are. I wouldn't use anything else now, I don't find they smell and they are so easy to clean as I give them a shake out then a quick Hoover before I put them in the washer.image.jpeg

I now put bath mats on top of the liner (waterproof and fleece for the girls) and swap them out roughly every four days. That gives me about a week without changing the liners. I prefer the ikea bath mats though.

Back