• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Flossy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris24

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our darling Flossy sadly passed away earlier this week.

We adopted Flossy just under a year ago at the age of approx. 6-7 years old. Flossy hadn’t had the best start in life as she was kept purely for breeding until the adoption center took her in their care.

Unfortunately, once we got Flossy home it was discovered she had a set-in chest infection that the adoption center hadn’t picked up on. We had this treated immediately but unfortunately the infection left Flossy with some lung damage and breathing difficulties.

However, despite her health problems, Flossy was very happy and content in her new home. Our other piggies immediately took to her and it was lovely to see Flossy bond with her new-found cage mates.

Flossy was a wonderful guinea pig and really loved being handled despite all that she went through. She would purr contentedly on our lap like a cat when stroked and would raise her head up to have under her chin tickled. Her favourite herbs were parsley and coriander which she had every day during hand feeding time.

We had Flossy for just under a year before she passed away peacefully of old age but was loving life till the very end.

Flossy, we love you and will miss you always. Popcorn free little one.

Mummy & Daddy x

J2G36UL.jpg

Z86bdJv.jpg

xWXhUoW.jpg

0VlZgH5.jpg

31ggd3j.jpg

Oh I'm so very sorry for your loss. Flossy looks like she was a stunning piggy whom I would gladly have stolen from you! She knew she was loved very much. Popcorn free little princess x Huge hugs to you

I am very sorry! You have made all the difference to Flossy's life. Old piggies are special and can give you so much joy!

RIP Flossy

PS: Flossy reminds me of my own special piggy Minx, who has left me ten years ago; sadly far too young. Flossy doesn't just share the looks, but she looks full of personality, too.

I am very sorry! You have made all the difference to Flossy's life. Old piggies are special and can give you so much joy!

RIP Flossy

PS: Flossy reminds me of my own special piggy Minx, who has left me ten years ago; sadly far too young. Flossy doesn't just share the looks, but she looks full of personality, too.
She really was a little fighter she went through so much before she come to us and she just loved cuddles despite what she had been through she was an amazing girl were missing her so much, there so small but being so much joy and u fortunately take such a large chunk of your heart when they have to say good bye,

It was heart-breaking when I had to make the decision to let my Minx go because there was nothing more we could medically do for her apaert from sparing her a slow, agonising death. It has taken a long time to really get over it; she was more like a pint sized dog and every day was an adventure with her.
But today I feel blessed to have had these three amazing years with her.
IMG_9754_edited-4.jpg

I hope that you feel the same about Flossy once you arrive on the other side of the grieving process about Flossy. The pain of the loss makes the joy they give us stand out even stronger, like shade is bringing light to life.

It was heart-breaking when I had to make the decision to let my Minx go because there was nothing more we could medically do for her apaert from sparing her a slow, agonising death. It has taken a long time to really get over it; she was more like a pint sized dog and every day was an adventure with her.
But today I feel blessed to have had these three amazing years with her.
View attachment 62393

I hope that you feel the same about Flossy once you arrive on the other side of the grieving process about Flossy. The pain of the loss makes the joy they give us stand out even stronger, like shade is bringing light to life.
She is the spitting image i can so see what you mean, the fact flossy was a breader pig they could have been related.
Minx looks so happy in the photo it really shows x

This is one of my favourite pics; it really shows Minx' cheeky personally.
IMG_5168_edited-2.jpg

Minx was a pet shop sow (since then I have gone strictly rescue), who promptly presented me with two babies a few weeks later. About 10 days before giving birth, Minx discovered stair climbing as a hobby and I turned the downstairs upside down trying to find her until I hit the idea to try a food call to get her to wheek. Talk about life on the edge!
I knew the day she considered her babies weaned; that was the day she disappeared upstairs again!
She totally lived up to her name!

DSCN1847_edited-3.jpg

Your pictures of Flossy are gorgeous and will make very precious memories that cannot be lost, like these of my Minx. Perhaps I am rather biased, but Flossy was a stunning a special lady that will always have a special nest in your heart. ;)

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm glad that after a rough start, her old age was in a good home with you. She looks like a lovely little pig... I had one named Frenzy who looked so much like her, but with red eyes. ((HUGS)) to you and so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl, she had such an amazing life with you try to remember that through these horrible painful times. She had a life full of love. Massive hugs x

Sleep well pretty lady

RIP Flossy
x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back