• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Going to look at some babys tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the photos people put on my previous post of baby guinea pigs :) Hubby wasnt 100 % convinced but we went to the pet shop this week and they had lots of tiny piggies in. He went straight over to them and then said. Lets get some baby piggies :) I went on to preloved today and someone in my town has some babies they need to re home :) So i am going over tomorrow to have a look and maybe come home with some new ones :)

I have thought hard about this and know we can afford some more :)

can you not get in touch with some rescues, some do have baby piggies in from unexpected litters from rescued pigs. might be an idea so free up some rescue space and still have the enjoyment of young minipigs rather than support breeders :) just an idea.

I dont think she is a breeder, she said it was not a planned litter. She said she takes them to her school for the kids to say hello to and are very friendly. Do you think i am doing a bad thing now not going to a rescue :( I thought pre loved was ok :(

preloved is a selling site, so there is every chance they have been bred to sell.also, if the seller said the litter was unplanned, maybe they arent great at sexing etc. i dont think you are bad for buying from someone on there, just thought maybe getting in touch with nearby rescues before buying from someone would be the better way to go so a couple more rescue places are opened up for needy pigs :)

Kelspiggies has made a valid point - this thread is worth reading through so that you are more aware of what may be in store for you if you decide to go ahead with acquiring pigs through Pre-loved or similar adverts.

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61819

If you feel that rescue is the right way for you to go but you cannot find anything very local there is a system called a piggy train that will help get your perfect pigs to you from a rescue that is not within easy travelling distance - I have a pair of boys going all the way from South Wales to Northampton this weekend (via Oxford).

HTH

Suzy x

Kelspiggies has made a valid point - this thread is worth reading through so that you are more aware of what may be in store for you if you decide to go ahead with acquiring pigs through Pre-loved or similar adverts.

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61819

If you feel that rescue is the right way for you to go but you cannot find anything very local there is a system called a piggy train that will help get your perfect pigs to you from a rescue that is not within easy travelling distance - I have a pair of boys going all the way from South Wales to Northampton this weekend (via Oxford).

HTH

Suzy x

Thanks guys :) I dont have anywhere close by that rescues piggies at the moment :( Have you got any more babies? I live in Bicester near oxford x

Does anyone else have any babies in resuce they need to find homes for? x

The youngest I have at the moment are 10 weeks old, though they are paired with piggies that are a few months older. All the pigs that I have for adoption at the moment are on the rescue website.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.com/

If you check out the rescues that are in the surrounding counties to you then perhaps a piggy train will help if it is too far for you to travel. It would be worth phoning to find out if they have more pigs than appear on the websites as it is difficult to keep updating frequently. The rescues are listed by county on this site.

http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/gp/centres.asp

Suzy x

Thank you, i was just having a look on there now :) I have just emailed Reading Guinea Pig Rescue as well :) x

We have a baby and her mom available at the moment. They are in the rehoming section. Lizzie is 4 weeks old and will be ready to go to her new home on 31st March.

Hi just wanted to say thats great about your baby piggies :D I am sure you will find the perfect babys :)

I hope you find the perfect piggies wherever you get them from.

Thanks everyone :) Well i am going to go and have a look tomorrow as i have already said i would. She has 4 left she is trying to find homes for so i will see what they are like and go from there. I sort of feel bad saying no to her now after having such a long chat with her tonight over the phone and then i feel bad i am not going to a rescue :( Hubby has got there temp hutch ready and everything.

Dont feel bad enjoy your babys whereever they are from. And if you get the piggies tomo i am sure they will haave a great home

Well i went to see the babies today and they were so cute :) They were not planned. Her Hsuband put them in the wrong cage while she was away and then....babies. I got to meet mum's and dad and they were very healthy looking and well looked after. So i did bring two home. One is 8 weeks old and one is 9 weeks old. I have never seen piggies so tiny before. They are a bit scared since bringing them home but they are tame. She has been taking them into her school this week and a vet nurse was in to give a talk to the kids about how to look after your pets etc and the nurse checked them over. Here are some pics

19032011644.jpg

Well i went to see the babies today and they were so cute :) They were not planned. Her Hsuband put them in the wrong cage while she was away and then....babies. I got to meet mum's and dad and they were very healthy looking and well looked after. So i did bring two home. One is 8 weeks old and one is 9 weeks old. I have never seen piggies so tiny before. They are a bit scared since bringing them home but they are tame. She has been taking them into her school this week and a vet nurse was in to give a talk to the kids about how to look after your pets etc and the nurse checked them over. Here are some pics

19032011644.jpg

Sorry not too sure how done a double post.

Alfi is the tiny one in the front and Jasper is at the back :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back