Grease Gland Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevenxxx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I need some advice on cleaning my Guinea pigs grease gland as there r two things that are making it extremely difficult, first one is he doesn't sit still what so ever and two is he has quite long hair so it's hard to see it. Please can I have some tips and advice on how to do it thnx.

Have you seen this thread ?

How To Bathe Guinea Pigs - Including Ears & Grease Glands

Some guinea pigs are much easier to handle if you have someone else to help . Are you near any of the rescues on our rescue locator?
This is great thnx but no I'm not near any of them rescues and also he doesn't let me touch his rear end though if I go near it he jumps and moves away from me and no matter what I do I can keep him still? What should I do?

Have you got someone who hold him while you trim the hair around his grease gland and clean the area ?

Have you got someone who hold him while you trim the hair around his grease gland and clean the area ?
Yes but it's to dangerous he moves to much but if I can't do it I will take him somewhere xxxthnx for the link tho it will help

Yes but it's to dangerous he moves to much but if I can't do it I will take him somewhere xxxthnx for the link tho it will help

I know what you mean - I take my sows to a local rescue to get their nails clipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back