Guinea Pig Ate Duct Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkat1

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I have put wire mesh on my piggies' cage to prevent them from kicking out bedding, and I used a tiny bit of duct tape to hold a part of it together. This morning I checked on the pigs and the piece of duct tape had a bunch of chew marks in it. I have a feeling that they probably only chewed it because they like the texture of it. If they ingested some of it, do you think that they would still be okay?
image.jpg
^this is the piece they chewed^

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boys have chewed miniscule amounts of duct tape, washi tape and even chewed/gnawed their plastic tunnel in the past, yet have always been completely fine. I'd say just keep an eye on them if they go off their food or don't poo as normal then take them to the vets but of course if you are really worried then take them anyway for your own piece of mind.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
@Drezella has said exactly what I was going to say I can't add any more, she has had the same experience as me with plastic. An anxious time, do go to the vet immediately if they are not doing normal poops.

kitkat1

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boys have chewed miniscule amounts of duct tape, washi tape and even chewed/gnawed their plastic tunnel in the past, yet have always been completely fine. I'd say just keep an eye on them if they go off their food or don't poo as normal then take them to the vets but of course if you are really worried then take them anyway for your own piece of mind.
@Drezella has said exactly what I was going to say I can't add any more, she has had the same experience as me with plastic. An anxious time, do go to the vet immediately if they are not doing normal poops.
Thank you! They seem pretty normal as they are acting like their usual selves, so that is good. I'll make sure to check their poops for the next couple of days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.