• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Making Small whimpering noises every second or so

Reaction score
My guinea pig Squeak is making strange whimpering noises every second or so. Is this normal? Or is it just my guinea pig objecting to me having online classes?
he is eating a bit less ferociously than before but is drinking and pooing well.
thanks for any help!

My guinea pig Squeak is making strange whimpering noises every second or so. Is this normal? Or is it just my guinea pig objecting to me having online classes?
he is eating a bit less ferociously than before but is drinking and pooing well.
thanks for any help!

Hi

Unfortunately without a video (which you have to upload elsewhere on a public setting as we don't have a video uploading facility) we cannot comment on what the sound is that your piggy keeps making due to lack of veriable information.

Please always switch from weighing once weekly to weighing daily at the same time and ideally try to get him seen by a vet as soon as possible if he is not eating properly. Keep in mind that you cannot control the ca. 80% of hay by eye that makes the bulk of what your piggy eats in a day and which is generally the food group that is dropped first, so your piggy can be eating a lot less than you think. Step in with syringe feeding support as soon as your piggy is off food. Our emergency and bridging care guide link below has plenty of tips for what you can with what you have at hand or easily available in an emergency before you can see a vet or organise an online delivery.

Also keep in mind in that guinea pigs are prey animals; they suppress any symptoms of illness for as long as possible; when they show symptoms, they are already pretty ill. Have you checked him for signs of bloating?

Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

Back