• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Safe Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerri Davidson

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a new wooden guinea pig indoor hutch. I'm almost finished but would quite like to paint the finished cage. It would just be for the inside and outside walls as the floors have been done with sticky back floor tiles then will be covered with wood shavings so they shouldnt technically be able to chew on it. I know that it has to be water based and low in VOC. I've read that Cuprinol Garden Colours paint should be okay but I was just wandering what anyone else has used and what has worked for you? Any help would be greatly appreciated
This is a link to the paint i was looking at
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/cuprinol-garden-shades---natural-stone---25l-818689

I advise you contact Cuprinol customer services for an answer.

Any child safe paint should be OK?

I used to use one from B&Q to paint the wooden platforms and toys in the hamster cages. Valspir or something? Sorry but the name changed and I cannot remember what it was called. I have not used it in 2 years, but I painted it on with a brush and it dried waterproof. It also came in cans to spray. It was great on wooden hamster wheels...

Plastikote! That was the name of the paint I used to use. It came in small pots or spray cans.

I always use cuprinol garden shades for rabbits and hamsters. Such a great range of colours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back