• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Scabs

Samantha1001

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So, Benny and Jerry are my two brother Guinea Pigs that I adopted in February of 2017. They had a Midwest style cage and lived together peacefully without fighting and are now 2 years old. A little over a month ago, I adopted a new male Guinea Pig who needed a home named Nigel. He is 9 months old. I upgraded to a 2 by 6 cc cage with an upstairs. Once the pigs got introduced, Jerry and my newer pig Nigel didn’t get along and both kept trying to be dominant. I let them have playtime with each other for about a week, but they just weren’t liking each other. So, I put Nigel upstairs in the new cage, blocked it off and put Benny and Jerry together downstairs. They’ve been in the cage for a few weeks now and they’ve been pretty good, except I’ve noticed that Jerry has been trying to chase and mount occasionally Benny which he’s never done before. About 2 days ago, I noticed a little mark on Jerry’s nose. This morning, I was saying hi to the pigs and I noticed both Benny and Jerry have a little black mark near the corner of their mouths. My other Pig Nigel looks perfectly healthy. Could Benny and Jerry have been fighting and they are scabs or could it be something more? Thanks so much! (Jerry is the white and tan one and Benny is the brindle and white one)

FF0FC815-122B-4A6E-8C30-ECBA4047857B.jpeg

7F81B601-46FD-4752-93C3-3842125BC7DA.png

It looks like they have had a minor run in; nothing that is going to break the bond.
Please keep an eye on the area.

Back