• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pigs fighting after floor time

Linny9

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! Wondering if anyone can explain this, guinea pigs (ladies) were happy before and during floor time, and I put them all back in the cage at the same time. Immediately one starts bullying the other. No biting but such aggressive mounting that the mounter fell off. I'm seperating them for the night. But why did this happen? Anyone know?

We’re they making sure they had dominance over the territory once back in the cage? Cashew always rumblestruts when ours go back in after a clean-out.

Maybe, because there wasn't any biting I let it happen for 30 minutes and it never calmed down!

Could one of them (the mounter) be in season? You also have to respect the hierarchy and deal with top pig first. This can sometimes be difficult with sows but you should hopefully be able to figure it out.

Could one of them (the mounter) be in season? You also have to respect the hierarchy and deal with top pig first. This can sometimes be difficult with sows but you should hopefully be able to figure it out.

I always see y’all recommend picking up the “top pig” first,why is that? What happens if you pick up “sub” first? Do they get jealous of this? Do they feel like “top pig” should deal with all “danger” first or risk losing power to little piggy that “braved” being picked up? I’m just curious as I’ve seen it mentioned more than 3 times and so I do it now too but idk why lol

I always see y’all recommend picking up the “top pig” first,why is that? What happens if you pick up “sub” first? Do they get jealous of this? Do they feel like “top pig” should deal with all “danger” first or risk losing power to little piggy that “braved” being picked up? I’m just curious as I’ve seen it mentioned more than 3 times and so I do it now too but idk why lol

its about respecting their hierarchy. The dominant can overreact if the submissive is handled first as their ‘rules’ have been broken - the dominant is in charge and gets everything first. It’s not just handling, it’s giving treats as well. It’s usually more of an issue with boars (particularly newly bonded or teenage boars) than sows But respecting their hierarchy is never a bad thing

its about respecting their hierarchy. The dominant can overreact if the submissive is handled first as their ‘rules’ have been broken - the dominant is in charge and gets everything first. It’s not just handling, it’s giving treats as well. It’s usually more of an issue with boars (particularly newly bonded or teenage boars) than sows But respecting their hierarchy is never a bad thing

Ohhh I see,that makes sense! Thank you

Thanks that's super helpful in general! The sub was actually put in last, she's very fast.

That's possible! I'm pretty sure I know their hierarchy. Definitely know the mounted pig is last.

Back