• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hannah’s Herd thread!

Ah dear Maude …..keeping you on your toes Hannah
It’s great you have a pig savvy vet …..Maude is in great hands ….yours and Dr Aaron ❤️

Hope whatever it is is nothing major and that Maude will perk up soon.

Beautiful photos. Hope Maude gets on ok on Tuesday. Sorry to hear about your gestational diabetes. Can’t quite believe you’re 31 weeks and getting closer to the arrival of your special cargo x

Beautiful photos. Hope Maude gets on ok on Tuesday. Sorry to hear about your gestational diabetes. Can’t quite believe you’re 31 weeks and getting closer to the arrival of your special cargo x

I can't believe how close you are either. Your baby is currently enjoying his/her personal penthouse shoved up your jumper.

I know it’s gone so quick! I’m 33 weeks this Tuesday! I really need to start getting ready..

Ah yes HE certainly is living the cushty life at the moment, meanwhile I’m uncomfortable and grumpy haha.

I still can’t imagine me with a baby, it’s going to be so strange:eek: but great of course..:D

It is very odd bringing home your first baby. It's wonderful too. You have to very quickly get into a new routine. I was told to sleep when the baby sleeps as I was absolutely knackered. Yeah right! Like that happened! You'll soon get used to it. It's very special making a little person and watching them grow and develop a personality. What's not so special is the challenging behaviour some of them have. The most useful bit of information my Lovely Late Dad gave me was to win the battle of the terrible 2's or else you've lost it for life. Son No 3 was Lucifer's Child from 2 til 4 and a half. We loved him constantly (obviously) we just didn't have to like him........ Sometimes I would just say to him "I can't do anything but love you!" He is now a decent member of society, doing his Finals at Uni and has a Post Grad job too. He is a very lovely young man who is polite and very considerate of how others are feeling.

Maude and Lion had their vet trips today. Lions teeth were doing great! And the spur had broken off and not grown back. So we are very pleased that hopefully his teeth may perhaps go back to normal. Or atleast only need trimming every once in a while.

I discussed my concerns about Maude, That I was wondering about diabetes or kidney disease as she has lost weight, drinks a lot, produces a lot of urine etc. Then looking on her file we realised she’s 7 years old! I knew she was getting on a bit, but I was thinking she was 5. But apon some research from when I got her she is in fact around 7 years old. So that explains a lot, She is very much looking and acting like an old lady recently. Yes she could potentially have diabetes or a kidney problem but Dr Aaron didn’t think, at her age and the $300 cost for bloods that a diagnosis was worth it. It won’t change anything. He is happy that she still has a brilliant appetite and is happy in herself 95% of the time. Of course if anything changes or she loses much more weight we will discuss again and see where she is at.
But for now we are putting her on long term loxicam for pain relief (though if a kidney problem that could be detrimental to her kidneys). And we are giving her a course of baytril in case her symptoms are actually infection related.
Lion and Maude (and a newborn baby!) will be going back to the vets in 2 months for a re-visit.
I’m not too concerned with Maude right now, it is what it is. She’s an old lady after all! And she’s still happy and well :luv:

That’s good news about Lion ❤️ I can’t believe lovely Maud is 7 wow ! Dr Aaron is a great vet ….telling you how it is and doing th3 best for you all 🥰

Sorry, just catching up!

You have had a lot going on. Hope things have started to settle down for you now 🤞

The animals are all looking well! :wub:

I bet you are very excited for your new arrival, time is flying by.

Make sure you are taking care of you too 🥰

Great news about Lion. And I can’t believe that Maud is 7. Sounds like your vet is a diamond for not recommending expensive tests that wouldn’t change the outcome. Your piggies are clearly in very safe hands. Hope you are continuing to do well - you’re in the home straight now, the end of the pregnancy is in sight and it won’t be long before there’s a very precious new arrival x

7! Wow!
That’s a great age. No wonder she’s behaving like an old lady with old lady issues.
She’s in great hands and May well live long enough to get a telegram from the King 😁

It is very odd bringing home your first baby. It's wonderful too. You have to very quickly get into a new routine. I was told to sleep when the baby sleeps as I was absolutely knackered. Yeah right! Like that happened! You'll soon get used to it. It's very special making a little person and watching them grow and develop a personality. What's not so special is the challenging behaviour some of them have. The most useful bit of information my Lovely Late Dad gave me was to win the battle of the terrible 2's or else you've lost it for life. Son No 3 was Lucifer's Child from 2 til 4 and a half. We loved him constantly (obviously) we just didn't have to like him........ Sometimes I would just say to him "I can't do anything but love you!" He is now a decent member of society, doing his Finals at Uni and has a Post Grad job too. He is a very lovely young man who is polite and very considerate of how others are feeling.

Yes it’s going feel very strange bringing the baby home for the first time! I’m really hoping he’s not going to be a little terror as he grows up. I’ll be honest..and it’s probably quite obvious anyway… I’ve never been into kids and babies. I’ve never felt maternal in my life. So this really is a huge thing for me. But of course I’m excited and will love him instantly, But the thought of a naughty child feels me with dread. Hopefully the lifestyle we are bringing him up in combined with my and Jon’s personalities he will grow up to be a respectful and sweet person.

I don’t feel like Maude will be around much longer. I feel like she could suddenly go within the next week. Or maybe not for another few months. I can just tell the time is coming unfortunately.

And in extreme sad news. Mine and my mums dog, Pippa. In England. Was PTS yesterday. She was 18 years old.
My mum has taken it so badly that she actually lost her memory of the whole day yesterday, she can’t remember saying goodbye to Pippa at the vets, hardly recalls the appointment at all. And can’t remember driving home. And she forgot that my sister helped her phone the vets later that day to talk to them about it all. My poor mum. She was devoted to Pippa in her older years. Pippa has been totally deaf and blind for a few years now.
I am going to do a rainbow bridge post about Pippa when I feel up to it. But for now,
Sleep tight our gorgeous funny little Pippa. I’m so glad I got to see you one last time when I visited a couple of years ago. We love you forever. :wub: 🌈
IMG_4457.jpegIMG_3011.jpegIMG_3501.jpeg
IMG_4201.jpeg

My last visit with her..
IMG_5095.jpeg

Sleep tight gorgeous Pippa. What a wonderful life you had full of love. ❤️

Really sad to read about lovely Pippa - what a great life she had …18 yrs is amazing. She was living her best life with the family.
Amazing how she managed ….being deaf and blind and obviously surrounded by love
It’s so hard for your Mum - sending much love to you all

I’m sorry to hear about the lovely Pippa. What a wonderful age for her to reach.

You know I think sometimes the brain blocks out memories that are, at the time, too painful for us to bear. I hope your mum will soon remember the memories fondly rather than painfully.

So sorry that Pippa had to be PTS, but what an amazing age.
Sympathy to your mum.
Sorry that Maude is probably coming to the end of her long life.
Be gentle with yourself.

You and Jon will be fantastic parents 🤩

Back