• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Having a nightmare with water bottles!

If your using fleece bedding get a ceramic bowl for them to use.

I had same problems with water bottles and used the bowl. Just make sure and clean it regularlybor if poop gets into it.

I'm having the same problems with the bottles my piggies use. I sit and watch both bottles constantly dripping and I've tried every bottle on the market from the smallest to the largest and it does get annoying when the puppy pads under the vetbed become soaked and I have to change them daily, (each piggy house has 3 pads lining them) If Fozzy44 finds one that doesn't leek PLEASE PLEASE let me know:rant:

If your using fleece bedding get a ceramic bowl for them to use.

I had same problems with water bottles and used the bowl. Just make sure and clean it regularlybor if poop gets into it.

Frodo likes to tip his bowls over (and everything else he can get his nose into) so a water bowl instead of a bottle wouldn’t work I don’t think

Frodo likes to tip his bowls over (and everything else he can get his nose into) so a water bowl instead of a bottle wouldn’t work I don’t think

Try a heavy one?

Or if your handy make abit of a platform for it so it's impossible to tip over?

Currently I have 11 water bottles for my hamsters and guinea pigs. I have 6 hamsters and 2 guinea pigs and they each have their own cages with water bottles.
Also, I have extra water bottles for their playpen, carrying case, and in their extra cage for when I clean their cages where they stay until I am done cleaning.

I keep checking on them and make sure water comes out. If I see that not enough water is coming out, I throw them out and get new ones. So I replenish water bottles for my pets regularly.

I’ve cleaned them out a few times. Now I think about it tho... there has been foody bits floating in his bottle before. He must be sticking hay/food in the spout somehow! 🤦🏼‍♀️ I put the Sippy bottle back in last night and he seems to be getting the hang of it now. A good 100ml was gone and the floor wasn’t wet so he must be drinking it.
He’s an adorable little pig but my god he doesn’t half stress me out sometimes haha!
Don't they all!

Currently I have 11 water bottles for my hamsters and guinea pigs. I have 6 hamsters and 2 guinea pigs and they each have their own cages with water bottles.
Also, I have extra water bottles for their playpen, carrying case, and in their extra cage for when I clean their cages where they stay until I am done cleaning.

I keep checking on them and make sure water comes out. If I see that not enough water is coming out, I throw them out and get new ones. So I replenish water bottles for my pets regularly.

I’ve only had my boys for about 4 months and so far they’ve had 8 or 9 different water bottles. Some replacements of the same brand, some different brands. I just feel like it becoming a bit of a joke now to be honest. Getting fed up with wasting money on bottles that leak and soak the pigs bedding. Worries me that they’ll become sick because of the damp

I'm having the same problems with the bottles my piggies use. I sit and watch both bottles constantly dripping and I've tried every bottle on the market from the smallest to the largest and it does get annoying when the puppy pads under the vetbed become soaked and I have to change them daily, (each piggy house has 3 pads lining them) If Fozzy44 finds one that doesn't leek PLEASE PLEASE let me know:rant:

The hunt continues my friend!

101445_MAIN._AC_SL1500_V1513282084_.jpg
if it helps, I use Kaytee glass bottles that are 175 ml and keep several of them depending how many piggies u got, since they tend to be sturdier and do the vacuum thing well in smaller sizes. At times if I twist the cap too tight the piggies don't get the water coming out so I close it without using extra strength and then tap on the ball thingie and if bubbles come out every two taps or so then it's a good pressure. Hope my method helps you handle the water bottle.

View attachment 109261
if it helps, I use Kaytee glass bottles that are 175 ml and keep several of them depending how many piggies u got, since they tend to be sturdier and do the vacuum thing well in smaller sizes. At times if I twist the cap too tight the piggies don't get the water coming out so I close it without using extra strength and then tap on the ball thingie and if bubbles come out every two taps or so then it's a good pressure. Hope my method helps you handle the water bottle.

I’ve actually been using a similar glass one attached to the inside of Frodo’s cage for the past few weeks and it seems to be working well. It’s not leaking, he’s not managing to get food stuck inside, and he doesn’t chew it half as much as the other bottles. Think we’re into a winner!

I’ve actually been using a similar glass one attached to the inside of Frodo’s cage for the past few weeks and it seems to be working well. It’s not leaking, he’s not managing to get food stuck inside, and he doesn’t chew it half as much as the other bottles. Think we’re into a winner!
ooooh best of luck! the nozzle is metallic and pretty sturdy and chew proof so it helps with bite-drinkers. My piggies just love to get thirsty at the same time and fight over the water bottle and keep biting and pulling from one another, so I can personally vouch for its strength 😂

Back