• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay box deliveries

Mine came today. After realising how much hay I've been throwing away lately because of the think stalks I changed my subscription to meadow for future deliveries. Having seen the above pictures I wonder if I've done the right thing! Maybe I should just cancel the subscription altogether. Who would have known hay can be such a problem?
I was in the same boat, the loved the Timothy then it got really stalky so I tried the 50/50, they Loved the meadow so swapped to that, but this box has just not gone down as well and they don’t seem to be eating as much so we have gone back to a 50/50 but with the new Timothy blend... I was in PAH last night and though should I just buy the 99p small bag Timothy from there and see if that will do 😂
Fingers crossed the new Timothy blend will appeal to them it ordered on the 19th so I am still waiting on it!

Thanks @Piggies&buns I'll leave it as it is for now then and see how it goes. 5 out of the 6 are eating the Timothy Hay Co. hay, 2 eat the Natures Own and they all love the B&M timothy. If B&M were reliable with their stocks I think I would just get it there and forget online ordering, unfortunately the shelves are often bare. I've spent over £100 on hay this month so at least there's now a good few weeks supply in the shed!

I have some P@H stuff that I use as a base in their hay tray then I put the Hay Box stuff on top. But they will eat the P@H hay too...they'll even dig down below the Hay Box hay to get to it sometimes.

It's more yellow and it smells quite sweet. I don't like that sweet hay smell / cut grass smells so I have to get hubby to check my hay for me as it always smells off to me 🤦‍♀️

I have a 50/50 box coming this time from Hay Box... I've only had meadow the last couple of times so we'll see if the boys go for the Timothy again.

Have you tried to email them?

The meadow from hay and straw arrives. Not particularly green or fresh smelling like haybox, but the pigs like it.
My meadow hay order from Hay & Straw is the same as yours. Given a choice my lot eat the meadow hay from HayBox so hoping my subscription will arrive soon

I’ve just seen someone talking about healthy Henry hay on Instagram, looks good and is a similar price to hay box, not sure if anyone has heard of them.

Healthy Herby

I’ve just seen someone talking about healthy Henry hay on Instagram, looks good and is a similar price to hay box, not sure if anyone has heard of them.

Healthy Herby
I saw that too today and had a look and wondered about trying it.

Mine came today. After realising how much hay I've been throwing away lately because of the think stalks I changed my subscription to meadow for future deliveries. Having seen the above pictures I wonder if I've done the right thing! Maybe I should just cancel the subscription altogether. Who would have known hay can be such a problem?
We’ve been using it for a year or two now and it’s really variable. But so was the stuff we were getting before. It’s a natural product and dependent on when it was cut. There were periods were it was super hot and all our lawns were looking a bit tired. I’m sure this is reflected in some of the hay that comes through regardless of where it comes from.

I'm just hoping my next box arrives in time. I ordered a couple of days ago with plenty left just in case it takes a while. The customer service issues worry me more than the hay quality.

We’ve been using it for a year or two now and it’s really variable. But so was the stuff we were getting before. It’s a natural product and dependent on when it was cut. There were periods were it was super hot and all our lawns were looking a bit tired. I’m sure this is reflected in some of the hay that comes through regardless of where it comes from.

I'm just hoping my next box arrives in time. I ordered a couple of days ago with plenty left just in case it takes a while. The customer service issues worry me more than the hay quality.

I agree. Customer service hasn’t been amazing for me :(

I agree. Customer service hasn’t been amazing for me :(
Same here, unfortunately. I think it took them 4 days to respond to my email enquiring about my order. I replied with a couple of further questions but didn't get a response to that. Had an issue before Christmas and the customer service wasn't great then either but it got sorted out quicker than this.
I hope you get your order sorted soon x

Same here, unfortunately. I think it took them 4 days to respond to my email enquiring about my order. I replied with a couple of further questions but didn't get a response to that. Had an issue before Christmas and the customer service wasn't great then either but it got sorted out quicker than this.
I hope you get your order sorted soon x

sorry to hear it happened to you as well :( thank you x

Yes I quite agree. My last 2 lots of meadow hay from Natures Own was not as good as it's been for the last 5 years but they are a lovely company to deal with so I will stick with them for my bedding hay . The quality of hay always goes down this time of year because it's the last cut at the end of summer when grass growing conditions are not so good. I buy 10kg of timothy a month to six weeks from Hay Box and the last 2 batches I've thrown away more than the piggies have eaten so it's time to decide if it's worth buying. I've had no income since last February, it's a bit hard watching so much expensive hay going in the compost.

It was mid December that I noticed, that’s when I started this thread :) hopefully we will get ours soon not had a dispatch email yet!

My subscription went thru fine a week before Christmas, so it's just started for me this last one (8th Jan). My subscription is every 3 weeks. But I believe the problem started earlier for the others.

Back