• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help Asap!

GuineaPigGeek

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey you'll! I am currently building a 5 by 2 C and C cage with a 1 by 2 loft for my two boys, I am wanting to rescue a baby guinea pig from irresponsible people. Is a 1 by 5 c and c cage with a 1 by 1 loft big enough for her? It would fit nice on top of the one I'm building. If not what size? Would she be lonely by herself? What are some ways to keep her entertained so I don't have to get another one? I'm low on cash but I want to get her out of situation ASAP. Please someone help me right away I want to figure this out and get her out of situation. Tonight even if I have time.

If you're low on cash and such maybe you could get in contact with animal protection groups instead? :)

She would definitely need a friend and a 2x4 minimum and I don't know if having girls near your boys would upset the force?

But yea there's nothing humans can do that will take the place of having a friend sadly.p

I'm guessing the issue is space? You could abandon the loft and build up 2 grid heights and have another 5x2 on top. That would give you plenty of space to get her a friend too. One grid wide isn't really enough. As @Cavy Kung-Fu says, you need to be aware that a female nearby may upset your boys, but if you are doing it, I think it's girls on top is the recommended way, but I'm not sure.

@GuineaPigGeek You'll need to quarantine her for a few weeks as she's coming from an unknown background. So she'll need to be kept separate.

If you don't have the cash you could take her in and then surrender her to a rescue.

While it is commendable that you wish to rescue her from a bad situation I would recommend handing her over to a reputable rescue orgsnization if you are currently lacking the funds to provide her with a large enough habitat, a friend and the possible increase in vet fees that come with adding 2 more guinea pigs to your home.

Back