• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help. International travel ny to Ireland

Tripletmom26

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Please help. I'm running out of options. We're moving from ny to Ireland this summer. I need to get my little guy there but every airline I've called will not allow him in the cabin only cargo and they say you have to use a pet relocator which I've called a dozen and the cost range from $4000-$6000. Has anyone done this? Am I missing something to get him there in cabin with me and my family. My triplets and I will be devastated to not bring him. It's killing me

Hello and welcome to the forum
I am so sorry about your dilemma, it’s really difficult transporting guinea pigs abroad. Quite a few people have c9me on looking for advice about this. Unfortunately it’s even more difficult because if Covid too
Hopefully someone soon might come on with some advice

I have just found this in our Guinea Pig Guides located in the green bar, it has some advice about travelling abroad, hope it might help. Every country has different rules and this is a U.K. site, so may differ from the US
Travel & Holiday Guides

I have just found this in our Guinea Pig Guides located in the green bar, it has some advice about travelling abroad, hope it might help. Every country has different rules and this is a U.K. site, so may differ from the US
Travel & Holiday Guides
Thank you. I was hoping someone may have gone through it lately or has advice maybe and an airline as to where I can fly with him to France or somewhere else first than onto Ireland. Unfortunately I know the airlines consider him a rodent and they went allow rodents in the cabin. Thank you for the advice. I'll check out those links

Thank you. Ill read anything that might point me in the right direction

Are there any flights by finnair?
I’m planning on using them when I move to Europe. They have flights to the Netherlands, perhaps consider taking the train to France from the Netherlands?
I know it’s a roundabout method...

Could you get a certificate from the doctor for him to be a companion piggie, they do it for dogs etc?
Thank you. Ill read anything that might point me in the right direction
I think you would need to look at the Finnair website for estinations, at the moment there’s very few flight going anywhere with this Covid problem

I’m planning on using them when I move to Europe. They have flights to the Netherlands, perhaps consider taking the train to France from the Netherlands?
That may be your best bet!

I'll definitely look into those options. My final destination is Ireland. I'll have to see who flies where but thank you for the idea and good luck on your move

I wish you luck in finding better and less expensive options.
I have previously flown hamsters from Canada to Japan and vice versa but this was years ago, it was never such a hassle.

Back