• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help Please! Bald Patch On Neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirstyFN

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago i noticed a pink patch on the neck of my 23 week old boar, Milo. I thought nothing of it. It doesnt seem to be causing pain and he isnt scratching. It is a little pink patch about the size of a 1p coin. It has a tiny pin prick of a red dot and some small bits of dead skin. I'm a little worried it could be mites but it might just be a little bit of thin hair, he is long haired. Can someone please help me diagnose it. Any kind of help would be much appriciated
Thank you

Please bear in mind that we may be able to suggest what this patch might be, but you need to take Milo to the vet for a proper diagnosis and treatment, if necessary.

I would not take chanses , it could turn nasty ! I would make an apointment to see a vet asap ,

Definitely needs a vet visit, could be the start of mites of fungal so will need treatment. We have a recommended Vets Locator here Guinea Pig Vet Locator if you are UK based

thanks, i am currently trying to book a vet appointment as soon as i can:dri:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back