• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help! Poorly Rosie

@Toffee321 You're doing all you can if your mum won't take her to the vet. Continue to monitor her as closely as you are. Step in with syringe feeding if she seems to off her food and keep her as cool as you can.

@Toffee321 You're doing all you can if your mum won't take her to the vet. Continue to monitor her as closely as you are. Step in with syringe feeding if she seems to off her food and keep her as cool as you can.

I will do and my mum says yes to the vet because she is getting worse. We will home tomorrow

Hope all goes well at the vet.
Keep us posted and remember that you have lots of piggy friends supporting you

I'm really sorry to have to post this but my dear Rosie passed away in the night. I don't think it was heatstroke because she blew up like a balloon and it was too late for the vet. She had a happy but short little life and I have lots of lovely memories including one particular time when she was 9 weeks and she escaped into a neighbours garden and spent the night there and I sat outside the bush for a whole day! Thanks for all your support. She gained weight massively over the last few months so I wondered if it could have been cancer

Photo 2- with Lily and pepper as well

Photo 3- with her best friend lily

I’m so very sorry that you lost your sweet Rosie :( if she blew up like a balloon, it sounds like she died from severe bloat which is a medical emergency.

Please save up some money in to a piggy fund and take any future piggies to the vet as soon as you notice something isn’t quite right :(

(((Hugs))) xx

So sorry to hear this.
Rosie was such a beautiful girl.
Lily and Pepper will feel rather lost for a day or two but should get on with the business of living and surviving within a couple of days.
For you it will take longer so allow yourself time to grieve and be gentle with yourself

Back