• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help With Bridge?! (new Setup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmith9nr

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is the guinea pigs new home, I've gave them an extension so they have extra room. But I can't get one of them to go other the bridge, he just won't jump up.

I've tried persuading him with food but all he does is lean on it and not put his back legs on.

Helppp what should I do? The other one gets other just fine...IMG_6041.JPG

(I've removed the white doors above since I took this picture and yes I do have two Guinea pigs the other one is hiding)

Awww nice setup I'm sure they appreciate the new freedom even if one hasnt got the hang of it yet lol. As said above -once it is not seen as new or scary the piggy will likely use it but have you tried putting the piggy on the other side of the bridge so he knows what is it out there? I put this on another thread but have you tried laying the bridge flat in their cage for them to scent etc then put it back so it smells of them? :)

I have a double decker cage and it has taken Velvet about 4 months to get the hang of going down the ramp to the playpen. When I move them in at night I put them in the pIaypen so that it smells of them and I started giving my five their dinner down the ramp in the playpen. Eventually Velvet got the hang of it. In the end another piggy - Betsy - had a chat and showed her what to do (I was very privileged to witness the exchange of squeaks going on :nod: :yahoo::)) then Velvet followed Betsy quite happily down the ramp for the first time). You just have to be patient. Anything new is potentially a threat to piggies and they treat things with caution until they realise that they are not going to be eaten for lunch!

This is the guinea pigs new home, I've gave them an extension so they have extra room. But I can't get one of them to go other the bridge, he just won't jump up.

I've tried persuading him with food but all he does is lean on it and not put his back legs on.

Helppp what should I do? The other one gets other just fine...View attachment 63190

(I've removed the white doors above since I took this picture and yes I do have two Guinea pigs the other one is hiding)

You could cut a square walkway through to the c and c part, it seems a bit steep for them to go over like it is.

Have you thought about put there scent on it so it seems more familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back