• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help!

mytwomaleguineas

New Born Pup
Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
15
Points
70
Location
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hello. I never had a problem with guinea pigs and pesticides but recently a bunch of Argentina ants decided to enter my home. We had to call pest control and after they left, we put out some ant killers for any remaining ants. The pesticide that we put out is in a flat plastic container. ______
|______| that is the shape. It is liquid and has a syrup texture. Both of my piggies decided to escape from their playpen this morning and I went downstairs after hearing them popcorning to see what happened. They were running around. We had one ant pesticide still out and we do not know if they had contact with it. Once I came downstairs though I immediately picked up the pesticide and threw it away. Since it has a syrup texture, I felt their lips and feet. It was normal and not sticky. Luckily, the pesticide looked untouched but I have no idea how long they were out for. However as soon as I heard their walking noises, I rushed downstairs. It’s not normal for them to escape as they’re usually fine inside their c and c cage and playpen. My vet is closed for the holidays this whole week. Is there any mix of drink or any thing I could/need to do just in case they did have contact with it? Also would it affect the piggies at all or no? Is there anything I should be worried about? (My piggies are very healthy and of normal weight). They also have been acting normally, eating normally and no abnormal poops. Thank you so much:hug:
-Sincerely, extra worried piggy mom
 

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Joined
Aug 2, 2018
Messages
13,548
Reaction score
16,501
Points
2,125
Location
Cambridgeshire
All you can really do is keep an eye on them and if they show signs of illness, then see a vet.
Hopefully they didn’t get into it.
 
Top