• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

lialway

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi i’m new to the forum i joined just now because my guinea pig isn’t doing very good he is around 5/6 years old. i woke up today to give them their food, and he usually comes running but he came very slowly and took small to no bites of it. he has this stuff coming out of his mouth and eyes. please help i think he is dying we are calling the vet what do i do!

The vet appointment is the most important thing because as well as treating any illness they can prescribe painkiller if he needs it.

He might be reaching his natural end at this age but some live longer and if he's been fine up till now it's the right thing to take him to the vet. In the meantime don't split him from his friend (if he has one) as they give each other comfort. You can offer water in a syringe but be careful it doesn't choke him... just gently dribble so he can lick at it if his mouth is dry. You can soak some of his food pellets in boiled, cooled water to make a sloppy mush and offer him this with a syringe or just on a spoon or your fingers if you don't have one. Give him as much as he will take. Look to see if he poops or pees and see what the poops look like... this will tell you more about how long he has not been eating so much.

Good luck and hugs, which ever way it goes.

I’m sorry to hear this. Please have your piggy seen by a vet as an emergency. I hope everything is ok

Oh I forgot - if you have a heat pad or rubber hot water bottle (made warm, not hot and wrapped in a towel or fleece) see if the heat can help him feel comfortable but he must be able to move away from it if he needs to. x

Hope you can get him seen at the vets and they can help him.

Back