• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Here we go again!

piggieminder

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Just heard Red make a distressed cry, went to the cage and saw him do a bloody wee. What is it with my boars and their bladders!? Managed to get an emergency appointment for 6.30, wanted to get him on antibiotics and pain killers as soon as I could. Fingers crossed it's an infection and not a stone. Please send good luck and healing vibes to Red.

Poor Red, at least you’ve caught it very quickly. Sending healing vibes to Red for a speedy recovery x

Oh dear poor Red. That sounds painful. Pretty Patsy sends healing vibes and says she hopes it isn't a stone as they are very painful!

Hope all goes well at the vets and and Red makes a speedy recovery

The vet (not one we've met before) said Red's bladder feels okay. He has prescribed Sulfatrim and Meloxicam. I've got Cystease and probiotics so fingers crossed he will be better soon. If no improvement back for an xray but really hoping that's not necessary. I hate these car park handovers, it was even worse in the dark, when I got home realised he's given me cat Meloxicam dosed at .54 once daily! Good job I know about Meloxicam (thank you forum), will have to phone for more tomorrow.
There was a poor doggie there who didn't want to leave it's owners in the car park and really dug it's heals in refusing to go in the door. The vet had to pick it up and carry it in.

I feel your pain @piggieminder ! I’m going through the same thing with my boy. He’s got an X-ray booked in for Monday to see if he’s got any stones or whether it’s IC but he had a cartrophen injection yesterday to see if that helps take the edge off that the cystease doesn’t seem to be doing. Hope the sulfatrim and meloxicam help! 🤞🏻

I seem to have a sick piggie every few months. I know I've got 6 so will have more illness but it's only 3 months since Peanut had an infection. My boars and their bladders!

Oh my. I have girls and don't think makes a difference lol.
Sorry to hear Red having problems. . . Well done for getting him to vets asap. .
Pls meds make little piggie better
Hugs :hug: all round. X

I've not heard him squeak, there's no more blood and he's his usual self. The antibiotics haven't affected his eating yet, I'm hoping he's one of the lucky ones who gets away with taking them. I can't remember how long they take to affect them if they are going to. I've given the cage a deep clean fingers crossed we will get rid of this quickly.
Thank you for asking @Merab's Slave

Glad Red seems to be improving already :nod:
Hopefully the antibiotics will cure any infection & not reduce his appetite :wub:
The girls send their love, copious amounts of licks & kisses for a full & speedy recovery.
& a socially distanced hug from me too... They seem to thrive on keeping us on our toes! Xx

Back