• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

High wind warning for UK

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't heard or seen the weather forecast recently.
The first named Storm of the season is arriving in the UK imminently. There will be high winds with the possibility of damage eg to trees, tiles coming off roofs etc. So anyone with outside Hutches needs to make doubly sure they are secure and also out of the way of falling branches etc. It sounds like it's going to be pretty cold too as it may snow in some parts, so extra heat pads etc are probably in order 🥶🌬🌨

It has been dark most of today here where we live. Strong wind and had hail stones a few times as well! 🥶🥶

Its been windy here with a bit of rain. According to the forecast it might get pretty wild out there. I've already offered to get MIL's paper tomorrow as a strong gust of wind may well knock her over. Also she won't want to go out in the sleet that's forecast. An 84 year old out in sleet and high winds is not a good idea.

Had wind, sleet, snow and hail so far today. Thankfully nothing has stuck yet but we're due more soon. My pigs have been inside for a while now of they were still out I would have brought them in as there's a large sycamore tree by the pig shed and while no branches have fallen in the past 10+ years (that I know of) I wouldn't like to say that one won't fall

Heavy snow started falling over Shap on the M6.

We are in North Leicestershire and the wind has got up and wet stuff keeps falling out of the sky! I've just been out to batten down the hatches for Kevin and Perry - extra hay and heat pads and tied the covers on tight. Will check them again later, they don't seem bothered at all while I fuss around the hutch and behave like a paranoid parent...

High winds and sleet here at the moment. 👍
They said the worst of the storm would be in Scotland the North of England and Northern Ireland . Hope it doesn't cause big problems on the M6 , during your shift especially!

We had a pleasant day today, sunny spells and showers. The wind started gusting high early evening and is now blowing quite a gale around our house. I hope it doesn't blow down any of our old trees. The forecast also said 50% chance of snow/sleet 🌨❄🥶

We are on top of a hill. I can't remember it ever being this windy here. I've rolled piggy fleece up and put it round the floor in front of the skirting boards as there's as cold draft wafting into the living room from under the floor. The piggies have corex off cuts propped against the cage fronts and blankets pegged over the tops to keep the draft out.

We have no electric here now for 30 minutes! No network as well! We still have wifi coz it's connected to a battery pack, but not sure how long it'll last. 😑

We still don't have electric. Just our village though. Must have some power line damage coz the road by us is closed. Estimated power back by 4pm they said. Hopefully before that coz our fish tank has no oxygen, well I did some manual pumping earlier. Our generator won't turn on for some reason. We haven't used it for 2 years though, so something must have broke! Good thing it's still 17.5C in the house so piggies are still fine. No network as well. We're here at Costa to have coffee and get internet!

Good luck, I hope they can fix your electricity sooner.🤞

We have a layer of snow over exposed surfaces here. It was sleeting at 9am but seems to have stopped now. I can't remember when, if ever, I've had snow fall so early in the season.

It's just VERY windy here, the sun is shining and its cold! What leaves are still on the trees won't be there for much longer.

2 walls of our greenhouse has gone as well. Well one side is just flapping and the other one is gone. It's just plastic so we have to buy some wood to cover it for now.

We have a layer of snow over exposed surfaces here. It was sleeting at 9am but seems to have stopped now. I can't remember when, if ever, I've had snow fall so early in the season.
We’ve had the same! Changed my plans to go and visit sister and staying in the warm at home instead! The wind has been crazy the last couple of days too but definitely very early to be getting snow! 🥶

Back