Love this recipe for the piggies and hammy!Readigrass and Fruit/Veggie Balls..
Guinea pig and Hamster Treat recipe:
Â½ an apple
3 large handfuls of oats
A dash of water
A large handful of Guinea pig/ hamster nuggets
Making the treats:
1) Peel the carrots and cut the top and tail off them. Do the same for the apple and be sure to remove any pips.
2) Grate the carrots and apple into a mixing bowl.
3) Add the oats, mix together using hands to ensure you have an even mixture.
4) Using the blender blitz the Guinea pig/hamster nuggets until they are in a powdered, or crushed up form.
5) Add to the mixing bowl, followed by a dash of water to help the mixture bind.
6) Preheat the oven to 120 oC.
7) At this point, if you are making hamster treats, you should roll and mould the mixture into small balls and place on the baking tray.
8) If you are creating guinea pig treats, quickly blitz the Readigrass in the blender and then add to the mix.
9) Knead this mixture to create an even mix.
10) Mould them into slightly larger balls and place on the baking tray.
11) Place them in the oven and leave to cook for 1 and a half hours.
12) Take them out of the oven and place onto a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
13) Feed to your Piggies and Hamsters!
-To create a hanging chew toy, place a bent paper clip in the end of the treat before it begins to cool, it will set around the clip and thus allow you to attach it to the cage. You can also experiment with different shaped treats.
-Store in an air tight container to ensure they stay hard and fresh.
-Only feed very occasionally
I gave it to my two sows and they were fine.Thanks! Although, wondering if it's safe for them to eat.